14.1 - Can I give you a hand?

I was not expecting that. If anything, I figured Alex might be a Rival at some point :smiley:

Have fun rewiring a server closet.

Alex will be pissed if Joey just quits on this, so that’s good. I’m still interested in finding out what Mette feels about this, but Alex isn’t going to go hacking to do so.

2 Likes

Oh, I could see that – the person challenging Joey to overcome his discomfort and fear. I like this idea, but that one definitely has possibilities (and is a bit less childish than bashing on Roddy).

“I have to say … yes, I am impressed by … what you have … wrought. The electrical arcs alone are … noteworthy.”

I seem to recall, after the fact, that Mette, et al., were listening to what was going on via the drone Alex left. If not, that’s no problem. If so, that would be comedy gold.

1 Like

That was my intention yes. I give everyone including you right of veto if they don’t like where that would take the story, though.

So more seriously, Alex told you what will impress them.

• Joey should not give up on himself, and be a hero
  • Joey should do something about his feelings about Mette other than just nope out
  • Honestly, having Joey use his brain a little more would be impressive too

So enjoy the bonus for those things!

1 Like

While Joey would/will be embarrassed to discover this, as a player I have no problem with congruence between what the characters and the players know about this. If there’s blow-back from it, that’s fine; drama is always a goal.

1. Well, he’s heading back to the others. That will have to do for now.
  2. Well, he’s heading back to where Mette is. That will have to do for now.
  3. Well, he’s doing what Alex sugges-- HEY!

But, anyway, baby steps.

2 Likes