31.5 - Nightfall [Cutscene]

The thing Alycia is just… not getting at this point, is that the Newmans aren’t programmed AIs. That’s her big hangup, based mostly on that fact that literally no one’s ever created ‘smart’ robots the way Leo did. From her frame of reference, they’re not bots, they’re… maybe… memory backups downloaded to android frames?

I can’t decide if that’d be better or worse from her POV. Suspect we’ll find out.

She’s definitely never seen something like that before. Even if any SVs could’ve done it, none would: most super villains would consider the ‘solution’ of “copy my mind, exercise an algorithm to normalize the copy to the new environment and create individuality above and beyond the Branch Point” (really one of the more ‘genius’ things Leo did in the whole process) to be a completely mad endeavor - why would you create more competition/threats for yourself?

Now, robot/memory backups of SVs that are left dormant/used for specific situations? That she would have seen, but most of those don’t turn out well.

author: Doyce T.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6245230

Alycia’s got a couple of good reasons for her 'tude toward the Newmans (as well as a number of bad ones) which haven’t been touched on directly yet, though the notes above touch on contributing factors.*

I suspect she will come around eventually, but some conversations and experiences (with them, individually or on the team, and including Leo) need to happen first.

From her frame of reference, they’re not bots, they’re… maybe… memory backups downloaded to android frames

I don’t even know that she knows that bit of provenance about them. As far as any conversations she’s had, or observations she’s made, they’re AI androids (though she continues to be more and more impressed with how naturally they respond).

I’m still hopeful, though, for the Alycia/Summer roommate sitcom.

------

* As if she needs anything more than looking at Jason, then Leo, and saying, "You know, I’ve watched Weird Science."

author: *** Dave H.
url: Community Forums: 31.5 - Nightfall [Cutscene] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

*** Dave H. said:

I’m still hopeful, though, for the Alycia/Summer roommate sitcom.

* As if she needs anything more than looking at Jason, then Leo, and saying, "You know, I’ve watched Weird Science."

I continue to be on board with this.

And for the record, Leo has never, deliberately, worn a bra on his head.

author: Bill G.
url: Community Forums: 31.5 - Nightfall [Cutscene] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop