Character: Mighty Joe Young (Bull)

Oooh. At first I was kind of, “Yeah, not wanting to do the Hulk-out thing,” but there’s something to be said for this. Pondering …

Though I swear, if someone does that “sun’s getting real low” thing …

1 Like

37 is far likelier to shout “ITS NOON MOTHERFUCKER” but yeah.

2 Likes

MOAR NOTEZ!

Trying to resolve some of the open questions above.

Family

Joey is still deemed a minor, but has a court-ordered guardian after he was essentially abandoned by his Aunt Edie. Nothing of that sort is ever fully settled, of course, and all his parents property and funds are locked up in trust for him until he graduates, or reaches majority. [Definite room for shenanigans here.]

Quill Foundation

[Unless the GM says otherwise] Byron Quill is still running things in this universe, as noted above [option 1]. He expresses responsibility for Joey’s parents’ deaths, and Joey’s, um, transformation. He’s also fascinated by what’s been done to him, and wants to help him / study the situation. When he’s around, of course. Joe probably goes in for a “check-up” once a week, at least, but if something more dramatic happens, the QF will definitely intervene for some purposes or another. [How shenanigany that purpose, or Byron’s motives, may be I leave as hooks for the GM.]

Therapist

Susan Anton. She actually works as part of Phoenix Academy, providing a higher level of counseling for students who need it. She is (as far as anyone knows) non-powered, a licensed therapist and psychologist. Late 40s, professional, a little gray in the hair. Highly professional. [I leave it to the GM to determine if there are any shenanigans involving the Quill Foundation and/or AEGIS and/or anyone else in her work, records, analysis and reporting, etc.]

Getting Angry

Yes, Joe grows when he’s angry. In his normal state, he’s around 7 foot something (and seems taller, because he’s wider, too). When fully enraged, he can hit up to 14 foot something. Being irritated and different levels of anger can lead to changes in sizes, though it’s definitely on an upward curve.

2 Likes

So it turns out that silverback gorillas are actually terrifyingly powerful and tough and deadly even without a human intellect and weird-science-induced size.

https://www.quora.com/Can-the-strongest-known-human-fight-a-gorilla-and-win

2 Likes

Found at random.

My person was hideous and my stature gigantic. What did this mean? Who was I? What was I? Whence did I come? What was my destination? These questions continually recurred, but I was unable to solve them.

– Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (1797-1851), Frankenstein, ch. 15 (1818)

2 Likes