MASKS #10 - HALCYON HIGH-JINKS [Recap]

Mike said:

Also, because I’m waiting on some Blurays and have the music stuck in my head, have some headcannon theme songs.

• Concord
  • Sablestar (Bonus points for the song name being applicable to Adam’s current events)
  • The Concordance (“That’s a weird choice, Mike. That’s just the dark refrain of Concord’s theme.” “Evil grin.” “I don’t think it works if you just say `evil grin.`”)

Adam hangs out with Otto. “Big O! Lunchtime!”

author: Bill G.
url: Community Forums: MASKS #10 - HALCYON HIGH-JINKS [Recap] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Leo thought he would have to Tony Stark his way through some bad guys, so that’s why he grabbed stuff from the chemistry lab. I would love it if he gets to Defend Adam by throwing those things at Sablestar and saying “I guess you two don’t have any chemistry”.

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5663627

Several of you have backgrounds where ‘grabbing stuff from the chemistry lab and throwing it together to make a thing’ is absolutely Unleash your Powers.

author: Doyce T.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5663921

Doyce T. said:

Several of you have backgrounds where ‘grabbing stuff from the chemistry lab and throwing it together to make a thing’ is absolutely Unleash your Powers.

It could be that, yeah. I was specifically thinking of the trope where a bad guy is unleashing an attack against a vulnerable good guy, only for an ally to appear on the scene with a counter-attack. That felt like a Defend.

url: Community Forums: MASKS #10 - HALCYON HIGH-JINKS [Recap] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Bill G. said:

Doyce T. said:

It could be that, yeah. I was specifically thinking of the trope where a bad guy is unleashing an attack against a vulnerable good guy, only for an ally to appear on the scene with a counter-attack. That felt like a Defend.

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

author: Doyce T.

“Jason swore a might oath to himself never to get any STDs”: Leo has endless amounts of sass waiting about this statement.

Jesus. You try going on a mission with Rusty in Bangkok. There are all the STD PSAs you need.

author: *** Dave H.

*** Dave H. said:

“Jason swore a might oath to himself never to get any STDs”: Leo has endless amounts of sass waiting about this statement.

Jesus. You try going on a mission with Rusty in Bangkok. There are all the STD PSAs you need.

“I went to Bangkok and almost got sick, but I made sure to take J-Quil! The non-drowsy trap dodging monster murdering power through your day medicine.”

*** Dave H. said:

1. Katherine will no doubt have comments IRL to make on this particular thread.
2. Jason may have some comments to make, too, once he hears about it, if he ever does.

Leo will probably talk up Adam and his powers at some point while Jason is around, so when time passes, go ahead and assume it’s been mentioned. :slight_smile: I’m curious to hear both IC and OOC comments here.

Quoth Jason:

“Wait. There’s a new gal at your school who’s into robotics, is a chemistry expert, is fluent in Mandarin, and has lived in the Far East. Um … you guys know what Alycia Chin looks like, don’t you? I mean, I don’t necessarily think this ‘Taz’ is Alycia. But … weirder things have happened, and Alycia’s been into that infiltration thing lately, you know.”

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5670436

*** Dave H. said:

Quoth Jason:

“Wait. There’s a new gal at your school who’s into robotics, is a chemistry expert, is fluent in Mandarin, and has lived in the Far East. Um … you guys know what Alycia Chin looks like, don’t you? I mean, I don’t necessarily think this ‘Taz’ is Alycia. But … weirder things have happened, and Alycia’s been into that infiltration thing lately, you know.”

Leo actually does know what she looks like, having pulled up Jason’s REM loop on video that very morning, and probably has seen her before that. If sitting across from her during science and lunch didn’t make me think she might be Alycia, then she’s also a master of disguise. But yeah, let’s see where this goes.

Right. Leo absolutely would. Forgot about the REM video.

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5670519

This was my exact thoughts too as a player. Doyce shot that down as a possibility though, so unless he’s gone all unreliable narrator on us, we can chalk this up to either coincidence of similar character traits, Pnuema playing a very odd game (I bring this up only because the actress Doyce described her as resembles the picture he’d suggested for Pnuema’s civilian mode and her closeness to Leo), or alternate universe version of Alycia who is fairly chill.

author: Mike
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5670657

Mike said:

alternate universe version of Alycia who is fairly chill.

Oh yeah, you just dropped a bomb on Jason.

Bill G. said:

Mike said:

alternate universe version of Alycia who is fairly chill.

Oh yeah, you just dropped a bomb on Jason.

Do not even suggest that to Jason.

*** Dave H. said:

Do not even suggest that to Jason.