Masks 23.5 Keri and Concord [Cutscene] [RP]

Doyce T. said:

[Also if Adam is currently 4’5" for real he’s probably really is due for a MAJOR growth spurt because my daughter is 12 and just hit 5 feet, and she’s not really that tall for her class.]

Adam is meant to be shorter than the average kid his age, but I don’t think he should be that much shorter. As I’m sure comes as no surprise as an adult with no children of my own, I have had next to no interaction with actual twelve-year-olds since I was one so I might be under estimating those numbers. Assume I’ve actually been saying numbers that put him like half a head shorter than other kids his age.

Still, major growth spurt on the way.

Doyce T. said:

Mike said:

Doyce T. said:

1. Concord categorizes “talking to a girl” in the same category as going into battle against a Yule kaiju - gotta have the powers on line. That’s… something.

Wait, did I do that? It’s not wrong, but I’m trying to figure out what line sparked that thought.

The chain of logic there is…

She’s shaking her head as he flies away. “I want to be friends with you. Not whoever you’re hiding behind. You need to stand on your own.”

Which is: “You should have talked to me yourself instead of hiding behind Sol doing the talking for you.” and which I think Adam heard and/or processed as “you need to do this superhero thing as plain old you.”

Then:

“If I stood on my own, I’d be like four-foot-five and down on the ground…" [and then blah blah blah he’s talking about why being Team Concord is important she kind of tuned out at that point].

Which she hears as: “If I talked to you as myself, I’d have to be myself, and myself is 4’5” and no just no. Concord better."

It is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE you two were talking about two completely different things and thought you were talking about the same thing and totally got the wrong message from what the other one said. Which proves they’re both human, teenagers or not.

Okay, I get where that comes from now. I was mostly worried that since Agent Override Mode hasn’t been brought up since the Yule Cat event that this wasn’t getting conflated with Adam’s increased power since that event (which is, just to clarify because of my mental need for things to be clearly explained, exactly what it sounds like: Sol’s carte blanche to say “no, you’re doing that wrong, let me take over”).

And yeah, those two were having entirely separate conversations. Also…

Doyce T. said:

2. She’s not convinced there isn’t some weird stockholm syndrome/dependency/dominance abuse cycle going thing going on with Concord, because actions will always speak louder than reassuring words with her, but she’s also been asked out of the situation for now, so she’s going to leave it be. Mostly.

Well, she’s not wrong.

author: Mike
url: Community Forums: Masks 23.5 Keri and Concord [Cutscene] [RP] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Yup.

Keri just needs to punch the Concordance, not Sol.

4’5" is actually… no, you’re okay if you’re looking for half a head below average. Average 12 year old boy is 58" and just shy of 100 pounds, apparently. My daughter is an inch over the girl average (whic is 59"). She’s a swimmer, so I think of her as short for her age because her whole team looks like Kaminoan hybrids.

author: Doyce T.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6043849

Also with the whole no one is punching their problems, I punched Ghostheart guy twice and everyone told me to chill. So I punched someone. Harry isn’t just pizza and chips.

author: James H.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6048138

Conceded. :slight_smile:

you heard it here first. Mercury wants to get in a fist fight with superchica. :slight_smile:

author: Doyce T.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6048149

James H. said:

Also with the whole no one is punching their problems, I punched Ghostheart guy twice and everyone told me to chill. So I punched someone. Harry isn’t just pizza and chips.

author: Bill G.
url: Community Forums: Masks 23.5 Keri and Concord [Cutscene] [RP] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Also for what it’s worth, I don’t know that Adam did, or will, or even would tell Leo about how this situation went down - Leo would trust Adam to come to him if there were more concerns. But Bill, and Leo if he hears about it, think Adam did a good job. And good work to Mike for threading this particular needle in a way that sold us on two characters at once.

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6051446

Bill G. said:

Also for what it’s worth, I don’t know that Adam did, or will, or even would tell Leo about how this situation went down - Leo would trust Adam to come to him if there were more concerns. But Bill, and Leo if he hears about it, think Adam did a good job. And good work to Mike for threading this particular needle in a way that sold us on two characters at once.

I’m all for Adam sharing this just to hear the reaction.

"Hey man, how did the talk with Keri go? "
“She punched Sol…”
“She punched… She punched Sol? How does that even work?!”

Also, not to call myself out, but I love externalizing character traits, especially ones core to the character. Trust me, if the DW game had gone on longer than the single dungeon crawl, you’d have seen a similar interaction but with a different power dynamic and character traits between my mage and his familiar.

author: Mike

Leo’s basic assumption in life is that everything is punchable. But yeah, he will have questions. :slight_smile:

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6051587