MENAGERIE #49 - "ARE YOU GOING TO SHOOT JEFF GOLDBLUM?"

Oh my, I can just see the behind the scene antics…

Jeff Goldblum is hired for the “show” as a one-shot appearance as himself as an ink-suit actor during the all just a dream bizarro episode, hits it off with the crew and wants to do more voice acting, so the writers make up some new Captain Ersatz of him for another cameo… this sounds really familiar. Did this actual happen in real life somewhere (obviously not with Jeff Goldblum, but someone else)?

author: Mike
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6673684

I mean don’t actually do this, but…

In a certain type of game, tourism drives a big chunk of the city’s economy, so they hire actors to do commercials touting the city’s super-population, there’s a reality show where teams guest-star, whatever. But they also seriously over-hype it, so that when the broadcast reaches space and a nearby alien armada hears “oh yeah, the Menagerie can clean the clock of any bug-eyed monster in space, now back to the UFO Graveyard special!”, there’s an invasion for the heroes to thwart, further cementing the city’s reputation…

Alternately, the actor Jeff Goldblum licenses his likeness to a reputable company in Halcyon, who build expert system-type AIs for various purposes. One of those is house walkthroughs for really nice properties, including super-bases. Goldblum himself then uses the residuals to make art-house movies and keep his LA home stocked with jazz memorabilia.

author: Bill G.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6673703

Bill G. said:

Alternately, the actor Jeff Goldblum licenses his likeness to a reputable company in Halcyon, who build expert system-type AIs for various purposes. One of those is house walkthroughs for really nice properties, including super-bases. Goldblum himself then uses the residuals to make art-house movies and keep his LA home stocked with jazz memorabilia.

With all the AI shenanigans that have occurred in this game, I busted out laughing upon reading this and took quite some effort to compose myself (since it is 11pm in my neck of the woods). I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it is very good.

I can only imagine somewhere out there, someone will watch the Youtube videos of this game and say “man, what is with these guys and AI duplicates of people.”

author: Mike
url: Community Forums: MENAGERIE #49 - "ARE YOU GOING TO SHOOT JEFF GOLDBLUM?" | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop