Scroll 01 - A Gathering of Remembrance

It has not. Part of the reason Su Ning is here is to assess the situation with regards to the sons.

1 Like

Flipping that around - what might Baoā€™s father owe to Sun that would have him tell Bao to set aside the ā€œhottest pepperā€ quest and come help Sun? Thereā€™s clearly some deep loyalty or debt there, probably (but not definitely) from back when Sun wasnā€™t an anonymous wander. Any thoughts from Bao or Sun on that?

1 Like

/signed

1 Like

Sure, but to the point Bill made at the end of the game, if we can have scenes revolve around two or three PCs, the game run more smoothly and lead to less downtime for everyone. To that end, getting Peng Lan and Shu together for some scene that covers both their entanglements would be good.

1 Like

Su Ning strokes her chin. ā€œå°é”…ē‚’豆ļ¼Œč¶Šē‚’越臭ļ¼Œč‡­äŗ†ę‰”ęˆæ后ļ¼ŽęˆæåŽęœ‰ę”ē‹—ļ¼Œč¢«ē‹—å’¬äø€å£ ā€¦ā€

(Which, I am led to believe, is the Chinese equivalent of eeny-meeny-miney-mo.)

I meanā€¦ both of them getting in Zeminā€™s face for being a meddler with no moral compunctions would accomplish thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My initial thought was that it was being more driven from the Zheng/Aoshi side:

• Aoshi doesnā€™t want this match for his sons (which he has found out about through his intelligencers, or from initial contact from Su Ning), but doesnā€™t feel he can just say no to a powerful clan or without offending the son asked. So he turns to Zheng for help assisting Sun covertly because heā€™s outside the ranks of the court. (Or maybe because he can bribe him with his freedom.).
    ā€¦ OR ā€¦
  • Aoshi wants this for one of his sons and for the clan alliance it will cement. Zheng is still peeved about being dragooned into the royal kitchen and so, having overhead the plans around this, enlists his son to through a heavy ladle into the works.

If the focus is instead on Zheng/Sun side, it may be as simple as Zheng having been saved by Sun after (optionally) Sun took off as a wanderer, but while Zheng was still roaming the countryside, looking for the Celestial Dragon Pepper. Bandits, maybe. Or a dragon, for that matter. Having recognized him (a good cook always remembers a customer), Zheng wants to help pay back that debt by having Bao assist him, whatever that may look like.

(Zhengā€™s urgency is to make sure Sun doesnā€™t get away, since heā€™s been intentionally avoiding the castle and so Zheng hasnā€™t seen him since being dragged here.)

3 Likes

Sure, threaten me with a good time. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
2 Likes