(And since I went to the trouble of originally typing it up …)
Regarding the Librarians’ interview of the Trimaldis …
SHINY: We did tell them about our home.
TINY: They asked a lot of questions.
WHINY: They were very interested in our dietary habits.
SHINY: And rite-of-passage rituals.
TINY: And ceiling heights.
WHINY: Librarians are weird.
SHINY: We told them a lot of random stuff.
TINY: Like the time Whiny ate a bug.
WHINY: I was hungry!
SHINY: And then they wanted to know if we all ate bugs.
TINY: And did we use tools to catch the bugs.
WHINY: Well, that would hardly be fair.
SHINY: And then they wanted to know if we had carnivores and herbivores in the same village.
TINY: And we’re, like, sure. And omnivores.
SHINY: And insectivores.
WHINY: It was just one time and I was hungry!
SHINY: And then they wanted to know if the carnivores ever preyed on the others.
TINY: And we said, sure, we have religious services every Starday and we all pray for each other.
SHINY: And they said, no, no, do people ever kill and eat each other?
WHINY: I’d never get that hungry.
TINY: And we were just staring and saying, do you do that to your next-door neighbor?
SHINY: They did seem to change the subject very quickly, didn’t they?
TINY: Kind of suspicious, you ask me.
TRIMALDIS: (cock eyebrows inquisitively at Mizzle)