Son of General Inspiration Thread

Via Kurt Busiek on Twitter (with the comment “D&D groups have made a cultural shift, I see”):

Which I love so much for “I figure this is Uncle Don’s version of book club”.

1 Like

French artist and designer Paul Chadeisson has created a series of images of the megacities from Blade Runner, abandoned in some far future.

1 Like

So small confession time: I love Choose Your Own Adventure novels (scandalous, I know :stuck_out_tongue:) and to that end I’ve really enjoyed the Choice of Games series. If you ever see my Steam library, you’ll see probably a quarter of the games on there are from that company (admittedly, part of this is that there’s usually a new game released once or twice a month).

Anyway, today they released Asteroid Run: No Questions Asked, a story in the vein of the Expanse novels that will also be in line with our Scum & Villainy game. From the description:

Cargo runs between Earth, Mars and the Asteroid Belt are commonplace, but deadly. You’re the captain of a merchant vessel, but this time, your contract has a twist: don’t open the cargo, don’t get in the way of its handler, and don’t ask questions. Deliver to Vesta Station.

If anyone else enjoys games like this, I have a handful of other suggests from this company.

Someone somehow made the perfect gift for Aria

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/07/04/evangelion-meets-alcapasso-for-the-cuddliest-third-impact-ever

1 Like

Jason and Alycia decided on an Evangelion binge watch one weekend. They quit around episode 12, convinced they either knew or were too many of the characters, and deciding (in Jason’s words), “Yeah, a show about a tyrannical, manipulative father who gathers broken children around him and abusively exploits them for some greater cause is, ah, not the healthiest way to be spending our time.”

Jason does order Alycia an alpaca stuffed animal, though, (if not one of these), quoting the Wikipedia entry, “Alpacas can sometimes be aggressive, but they can also be very gentle, intelligent, and extremely observant.”

She orders one for him, quoting the same page elsewhere, “Alpacas are often very trainable and will usually respond to reward; most commonly in the form of food.”

Every Masks PBTA session ever.

1 Like

But they got some great XP from it!

Allow me to say that Spider-Man: Far from Home is a great MASKS game. Who am I? Who do I want to be? How do I make this over-elaborate plan to tell the girl I really like actually work when the entire world seems out to stop me? Whom do I trust? Whose advice do I take? How can I live up to not just the power I have, but with all the expectations being dumped upon me (esp. by myself)?

It’s a funny, heart-full film, deeply in keeping with the sensibilities of Spider-Man as the guy who struggles to find himself against all adversity. Definitely recommended.

An interesting article about player buy-in. May be an important read before the Fellowship game.

2 Likes

One of my favorite fic writers talks about an artist (Kyle Rayner, before he became a Green Lantern) accidentally designing a costume for Superman on deviantart:

And then absolutely jump to the screencap chatlog fiction about when Kyle finds out Superman is wearing his design and freaks out to his boyfriend (Jimmy Olsen).

Exotic weapons for a fantasy campaign? Sure.

1 Like

Just for the record: Not Catlings.

Monster M.D. When monsters get hurt, who fixes them?

Nothing like this, but I’m reminded of the sadly departed, Wolff and Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre (“Beward the Creatures of the Night … they have lawyers!”)

Lash’s tales of a law firm representing monsters in criminal and civil cases was always witty.

This was written for point-and-click adventure games, but I think that every 2 points in 3 can also apply to RPGs.

@doyce in particular will appreciate this photo from this past weekend.

John Wick plays Nerf

1 Like

They’re even taking over our dice!

For a variety of possible games.

1 Like