Son of General Inspiration Thread

Yeah, I was thinking more about art or other creative spin-offs like this.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up about this. I was completely unaware of that addition and so downloaded the updated copy via DriveThruRPG (it’s $2.99 at the moment if for some reason someone didn’t have a digital copy). I was amazed at some of the suggestions… particularly because I didn’t realize some of the playbooks had some of those options. The Legacy has a move for pulling their punches? Who knew.

2 Likes

There’s a game in development called Girl Underground, which focuses on a central Girl (in the vein of Alice in Wonderland, Labyrinth, Mirrormask, Spirited Away, etc) having a adventure in a weird secret world, with her companions.

Only The Girl has stats. No one plays the girl. Everyone plays wondrous companions. You roll with The Girl’s stats.

There’s a write up of play playtest AP over here: http://www.gauntlet-rpg.com/blog/session-report-girl-underground

I can’t help but think there’s marvelous Doctor Who reskin potential for this.

1 Like

“Curiouser and curiouser…” Alice thought herself the equal of anything, but as she pushed all the way through the looking-glass and found herself in a fantastical other world, all of her poise fell away.

She met the eyes of her host and gasped. “Why, it’s bigger on the inside!”

The Mad Hatter allowed himself to silently gloat for a few moments, then composed his features into a mask of mild surprise. “Oh? Is it, then?”

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Kaylee & Friends Masks game

Looks like some of the Masks G+ community is trying to put together a Masks zine and they’re looking for some contributors and gauge interest in the project. I’ve always liked these small fan-made projects and wanted to get involved in one, so I’ve already let them know I’d be done with contributing some artwork to the zine.

They’re also looking for short stories and other bits of writing, though I doubt anyone here would be interested in writing about teenage superheroes…

2 Likes

My first impulse would be “submit some of the existing fiction”. For that, though, I’d want to know what to submit - what interests me may not (in fact likely won’t) interest that larger community. I’d also want somebody who’d volunteer to preread, provide notes, etc. as pretty much everything I’ve written already is first-draft quality.

All that said, I look forward to seeing the zine with your artwork.

1 Like

I believe the Ballad of Hot Mess (or whatever you wind up calling that whole storyline) would make for an interesting read.

Also if you need a beta-reader, you know I’m available.

1 Like

I’d be happy to read / critique.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about Mark Millar as a comics creator but I’ll give him a pass for this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/gjWqtAJ

1 Like

Link is dead, alas.

More on Huck here: https://www.popmatters.com/huck-1-2495463651.html (spoilers)

Millar is problematic in a lot of ways – but he does occasionally have a moment of positive, non-bloodspattered charm (Superior was an example of that).

Let’s see if this link has a better lifespan than imgur posts…

Well, if you were trying to link to more Huck stuff, that’s not the right article. If you’re trying to link to the new Shazam! comic … well, I have to confess I am not a Geoff Johns fan, for a variety of personal aesthetic reasons. I might give the first issue a read, just because I like the character, but I haven’t enjoyed what he’s done with him in the past few years. (He’s also the reason I haven’t read Green Lantern comics in a decade.)

2 Likes

The into the spider verse movie is flat-out fantastic and cannot be missed. At the risk of a pun, it literally has everything.

The best part: both my son and youngest daughter are now playing as Spider-man. This movie rocks.

2 Likes

To follow up on some of the Into the Spider-verse love, the art team did an amazing job. Here’s one of the artists sharing their designs for background characters. Any single one of these characters look like they would be an amazing NPC in Masks.

Having not seen the movie, only the trailers (maybe sometime this week) the only thing that’s seemed wonky is that in some of the faster-paced scenes whatever they are using to simulate chromatic aberration is a little too aggressive and distracting at times. However, it looks gorgeous otherwise.

How we acquire plot threads and NPCs.

Fans (?) of the Katamari Damacy franchise, hooray: REROLL is now available for PC on Steam.

I think it’s a movie that could only really do what it did as an animated movie. It’s so dang good.

I’ll also add, as a guy who generally avoids 3d movies: I wish I’d seen this in 3d [1], I’m going back to see it in 3d, and I believe I’d recommend seeing it in 3d, if that doesn’t cause you hardship in any way.

[1]: Actually, no: I’m glad I saw it in 2d, cuz I went with my two youngest kids, and that doesn’t lend itself to sitting straight-on to the screen in the way 3d glasses usually require.

1 Like

http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=10932&fbclid=IwAR2uvble3IaIl0q01ID3DwxRpyNXYpyeH36pdi0Bm6So40SV4QjAMnON95c

Edit: the original thread, so onebox works. How a girl found herself able to come out via Supergirl comics.

1 Like