Son of General Inspiration Thread

Tangential to this – while I don’t at all regret that Peter Jackson didn’t give us Tom Bombadil in his LotR trilogy, I deeply missed the Barrowdowns scene. Creepy as all hell.

The trailer:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/vsr-void-space-racing

VSR Void Space Racing gives you a really nice idea what it’s like to try to race quick little spaceships through an obstacle course. Which is to say, it shows you that it is ridiculously hard and confusing.

On the other hand, it’s currently $0.50 on switch, so…

We talk about “spaceship as home” in scifi games, but here’s an adorable game on Steam that lets you just live there for a few hours. It’s not in space - it’s a lumbering rail-less train engine in a post-apocalyptic desert - but the feeling is the same. Collect stuff, vent steam, set sail.

Review:

1 Like

Could also be Alycia-Summer-(A10, Superchica, etc.)

Sounds like a neat game premise for some groups

Alignment: It Isn’t Just For Breakfast Any More!

I am feeling very called out right now.

This is apparently the game style a lot of people like out of FITD/PBTA.

I’ve speculated that a college-age Masks game would work fine. Repeatedly hitting “Random Media” on tvtropes gave me this:

https://m9girls.com/webcomic/en/about/

“They can channel the universe’s primordial energy, but that might not help them graduating from college…”

1 Like

Honestly, any set up where the characters are still trying to figure out who they are works for Masks - depending on the players level of cynicism, this works for characters WELL into the twenties, if not thirties.

Watching Defenders was a basically a straight Masks game. The Janus and Legacy were easy… Just not sure which (between Jess and Luke) got to be the Bull versus something else.

Jessica = Delinquent

I should read that. It does have my favorite thing in comics after all: little caption boxes that explain who someone is. Especially when they have some personality to them (implying that you have an unreliable narrator involved).
Plus, you know, they look like a lot of fun and I’ve always been a fan of Kate Bishop Hawkeye.

Always.

It’s pretty fun. Mostly coming in 4/5 stars for me.

Also, Kelly Thompson is on my automatic “at least give it a try” list.

So it looks like someone on the Masks G+ (for what little time it has left) is putting together an alternate version of the Nova that doesn’t use an entirely different move structure from all the other playbooks and I’m liking it.

It’s still rough around the edges, but I would have loved having Phenomenal Cosmic Power and Brainstorm for Adam. Plus the team moves are just great.

1 Like

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBG_ejRH3Nq-5Q3qtjasZYg8nY_f4ZCaWhEWg3FPs9Q/edit?usp=drivesdk in case we want to look after G+'s demise

The Conduit Playbook.pdf (508.6 KB)

Being a kid doesn’t have to be all dating and angst. Like the Parkland kids, and like this girl and her peers, you can stand up for something at any age.