The Jason Quill Videos [Cutscene]

Bill G. said:

On a semi-related note, it amuses me to picture Alycia Chin reading Mr. Big’s advice on this topic, on her own time: https://villainsvictorious.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-face-heel-turn-relationships-with.html

That is excellent stuff.

(Sips coffee. Snorts. Rolls eyes. Switches to another tab. Switches back. Barks a laugh. Pauses. Raises an eyebrow. Vigorously shakes head. Snorts again, half strength. Rereads section. Shakes head slightly. Pauses. “As if.” Considers leaving scathing comment. Closes tab. Reopens closed tab. Shares link with friend. Adds site to Twitter feed. Turns to the tech news. Realizes coffee is cold.)

author: *** Dave H.
url: Community Forums: The Jason Quill Videos [Cutscene] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Issue 4 - Jason Quill Postlude

https://youtu.be/XxddQZZtC6g

FILE CODE QUILL FOUNDATION ARCHIVES TS+201709051809 PRIME SUBJECT ACCCODES JQ+BQ+BJ+XX CLASSINTTERM +214200905 MAXENCRYPT XREF *HEIR INITIATIVE*

Transcriptishness:

Hey Dad. This still feels weird, but, whatever. I’m going to be up late tonight, so I wanted to get this in before the guys come over. I’ve got a few things I need to tell you, and want to say.

Back to school today. Felt like forever since last Friday. A big TV interview and a super-hero fight kind of make the weekend feel a bit longer. Especially since … something freaky happened.

I talked to Alycia. Well, not really. I’ll get to that.

But the real Alycia showed up at the end of the fight and told Harry that she was tracking my nanobots. Which really kind of sucks, but I think I have something figured out. More on Alycia in a minute.

So what Alycia said kind of had me panicked, and after another one of those metacognitive episodes I told you about, I got really worried about the bots. Well, still am.

But I … talked with someone. Wish it was you, but you’re not here.

So I talked with Leo. Link. Rossum’s son.

Yeah, I know, I know, I can hear you right now. You and Rusty. Operational security and intellectual property and apples falling from trees. I know, I know.

But … he was nice. I mean, not in a creepy way. Not a “Tell me all your secrets” way. I think I can trust him. I think.

I mean, I’ve got to trust someone. There’s too much I need to work through. Alycia. The nanobots. You.

And Harry’s acting all weird.

And Adam is, like, a kid. And he has enough problems on his plate.

And Ghost Girl – Charlotte – she’s not usually around for talking. Though every now and then I feel her presence, mostly when I think I’m alone, like, in the bathroom after a shower. Which is kind of creepifying, and I hope I’m imagining it.

(Throat clearing.)

And, yeah, there’s not many other people I talk to. Except Barbara and Hannah, and they just wants to share PowerPoint decks about trust investments and Foundation financials.

PowerPoint. Yeesh.

Anyway, Link – Leo – he offered to help, and he already gave me some ideas. So since you’re not here, I guess you don’t get a say in it.

And I need to figure this out, sooner rather than later. Alycia infected my nanobots with some sort of artificial intelligence. It talked with me. Or she talked with me. I still haven’t figured out which. But she really played some mind games, and I have to come up with some way to defend myself.

So I was going to do a deep dive in the computers for your notes about the bots, to see what I could do around how they communicate.

But I also wanted to see if I could track down Alycia – financial accounting records, equipment thefts, sightings.

And it occured to me, I wondered if the nanobots she deactivated or cut off from me … and jeez that hurt … I wondered if they might still be active. So I … did some stuff. I kind of drew on that connection I had had with them, and found a few were still recording. It’s like some sort of weird “dark vision thing.” I don’t quite understand it, technically, but … well, I got the information. Like, 24 hours of downloads.

My head still hurts.

Anyway, it was really weird. I saw and heard Alycia and what she said. She’s got a serious amount of tech on her. I saw her attack Harry, and something happened between her electrical attack and his speed. He sort of just … faded away. That kind of goes with what he said later about some sort of vision or dimension thing. It’s all still really confusing. More on that later.

Anyway so he’s gone, so she leaves, and then the prison folk come and find Iconoclast and take her away.

(Yeah, we got her. That should show some of those Twitter people.)

(Should I go talk with her? It sounds like it’s a target was a sort of opportunity kind of thing. I doubt she would tell me anything. Let the authorities deal with her.)

So after the prison folk come, then AEGIS agents arrive, scanning everything. Those guys kind of give me the creeps. I know Rusty was from AEGIS, and I’ve seen them do a lot of good stuff, but I also know you sometimes had big disagreements with them about stuff you had invented… So far, none of them have been allowed to take anything from the vaults, though I keep getting phone calls and emails, and Barbara says there have been some congressional hearings. But I’ve got your back there.

So that happens, and I’m just letting the rest of the recording spool out when all of a sudden around 3 a.m. these hovercraft pull up and these guys in this high-tech retro outfits – sort of steampunk meets Atlantis – get ot and start checking out the area even more carefully than AEGIS. At least their stuff was more high tech. They paid a little attention to the nanobots, but were really, really interested in where Harry vanished.

And that was the end of the infodump.

And here’s where it gets interesting, Dad.

So my head is splitting, and I feel like I’ve lost something grabbing that information from those decaying nanobots, but it’s useful information, and you always taught me that useful information is worth any sort of sacrifice.

I know I’ve seen those outfits before, and once I’m no longer seeing nebulae in my vision, I remember where. They were Science Guards of the nation of Vyortivia, ruled by the Dread Queen. What’s interesting is where I found that. It was on Google, on news sites.

It’s interesting, because I expected I would find something in your files, Dad. And there wasn’t a thing. A major world force, weird science, *hovercraft*, and nothing in your files.

Either there’s information I can’t get to, or there’s information missing. And I’m not sure which I’m more worried about.

Either there’s data you didn’t trust me with – or I can’t trust the data I have.

Right now, I’m not sure who and what to trust.

Or maybe I do. I’m going to share what I’ve with my friends. Let’s see what they think. Because, really, they are the only ones I can count on right now.

Good night, Dad.

url: Community Forums: The Jason Quill Videos [Cutscene] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Bill G. said:

On a semi-related note, it amuses me to picture Alycia Chin reading Mr. Big’s advice on this topic, on her own time: https://villainsvictorious.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-face-heel-turn-relationships-with.html

That is excellent stuff.

(Sips coffee. Snorts. Rolls eyes. Switches to another tab. Switches back. Barks a laugh. Pauses. Raises an eyebrow. Vigorously shakes head. Snorts again, half strength. Rereads section. Shakes head slightly. Pauses. “As if.” Considers leaving scathing comment. Closes tab. Reopens closed tab. Shares link with friend. Adds site to Twitter feed. Turns to the tech news. Realizes coffee is cold.)

Issue 4 - Jason Quill Postlude

https://youtu.be/XxddQZZtC6g

FILE CODE QUILL FOUNDATION ARCHIVES TS+201709051809 PRIME SUBJECT ACCCODES JQ+BQ+BJ+XX CLASSINTTERM +214200905 MAXENCRYPT XREF *HEIR INITIATIVE*

Transcriptishness:

Hey Dad. This still feels weird, but, whatever. I’m going to be up late tonight, so I wanted to get this in before the guys come over. I’ve got a few things I need to tell you, and want to say.

Back to school today. Felt like forever since last Friday. A big TV interview and a super-hero fight kind of make the weekend feel a bit longer. Especially since … something freaky happened.

I talked to Alycia. Well, not really. I’ll get to that.

But the real Alycia showed up at the end of the fight and told Harry that she was tracking my nanobots. Which really kind of sucks, but I think I have something figured out. More on Alycia in a minute.

So what Alycia said kind of had me panicked, and after another one of those metacognitive episodes I told you about, I got really worried about the bots. Well, still am.

But I … talked with someone. Wish it was you, but you’re not here.

So I talked with Leo. Link. Rossum’s son.

Yeah, I know, I know, I can hear you right now. You and Rusty. Operational security and intellectual property and apples falling from trees. I know, I know.

But … he was nice. I mean, not in a creepy way. Not a “Tell me all your secrets” way. I think I can trust him. I think.

I mean, I’ve got to trust someone. There’s too much I need to work through. Alycia. The nanobots. You.

And Harry’s acting all weird.

And Adam is, like, a kid. And he has enough problems on his plate.

And Ghost Girl – Charlotte – she’s not usually around for talking. Though every now and then I feel her presence, mostly when I think I’m alone, like, in the bathroom after a shower. Which is kind of creepifying, and I hope I’m imagining it.

(Throat clearing.)

And, yeah, there’s not many other people I talk to. Except Barbara and Hannah, and they just wants to share PowerPoint decks about trust investments and Foundation financials.

PowerPoint. Yeesh.

Anyway, Link – Leo – he offered to help, and he already gave me some ideas. So since you’re not here, I guess you don’t get a say in it.

And I need to figure this out, sooner rather than later. Alycia infected my nanobots with some sort of artificial intelligence. It talked with me. Or she talked with me. I still haven’t figured out which. But she really played some mind games, and I have to come up with some way to defend myself.

So I was going to do a deep dive in the computers for your notes about the bots, to see what I could do around how they communicate.

But I also wanted to see if I could track down Alycia – financial accounting records, equipment thefts, sightings.

And it occured to me, I wondered if the nanobots she deactivated or cut off from me … and jeez that hurt … I wondered if they might still be active. So I … did some stuff. I kind of drew on that connection I had had with them, and found a few were still recording. It’s like some sort of weird “dark vision thing.” I don’t quite understand it, technically, but … well, I got the information. Like, 24 hours of downloads.

My head still hurts.

Anyway, it was really weird. I saw and heard Alycia and what she said. She’s got a serious amount of tech on her. I saw her attack Harry, and something happened between her electrical attack and his speed. He sort of just … faded away. That kind of goes with what he said later about some sort of vision or dimension thing. It’s all still really confusing. More on that later.

Anyway so he’s gone, so she leaves, and then the prison folk come and find Iconoclast and take her away.

(Yeah, we got her. That should show some of those Twitter people.)

(Should I go talk with her? It sounds like it’s a target was a sort of opportunity kind of thing. I doubt she would tell me anything. Let the authorities deal with her.)

So after the prison folk come, then AEGIS agents arrive, scanning everything. Those guys kind of give me the creeps. I know Rusty was from AEGIS, and I’ve seen them do a lot of good stuff, but I also know you sometimes had big disagreements with them about stuff you had invented… So far, none of them have been allowed to take anything from the vaults, though I keep getting phone calls and emails, and Barbara says there have been some congressional hearings. But I’ve got your back there.

So that happens, and I’m just letting the rest of the recording spool out when all of a sudden around 3 a.m. these hovercraft pull up and these guys in this high-tech retro outfits – sort of steampunk meets Atlantis – get ot and start checking out the area even more carefully than AEGIS. At least their stuff was more high tech. They paid a little attention to the nanobots, but were really, really interested in where Harry vanished.

And that was the end of the infodump.

And here’s where it gets interesting, Dad.

So my head is splitting, and I feel like I’ve lost something grabbing that information from those decaying nanobots, but it’s useful information, and you always taught me that useful information is worth any sort of sacrifice.

I know I’ve seen those outfits before, and once I’m no longer seeing nebulae in my vision, I remember where. They were Science Guards of the nation of Vyortivia, ruled by the Dread Queen. What’s interesting is where I found that. It was on Google, on news sites.

It’s interesting, because I expected I would find something in your files, Dad. And there wasn’t a thing. A major world force, weird science, *hovercraft*, and nothing in your files.

Either there’s information I can’t get to, or there’s information missing. And I’m not sure which I’m more worried about.

Either there’s data you didn’t trust me with – or I can’t trust the data I have.

Right now, I’m not sure who and what to trust.

Or maybe I do. I’m going to share what I’ve with my friends. Let’s see what they think. Because, really, they are the only ones I can count on right now.

Good night, Dad.