33.4 Texts in the Night

*** Dave H. said:

And, hey, that’s two consecutive incidents of Alycia actually being, um, friendly human non-stabby to a Jason. Maybe there’s hope!

Yeah, but

author: Bill G.
url: Community Forums: 33.4 Texts in the Night | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

*** Dave H. said:

Well, if nothing else, it was an exercise in using the new Table function in the Roll20 editor. Which worked passably well, aside from lack of control over things like column width. I think it’s a marginally more readable format for these texts.

I did appreciate the text being a little easier to follow with the different table style.

Great as always, Dave. I’m excited to see how things turn out closer to the dance. Can Alycia just have fun? (unlikely)

author: Mike
url: Community Forums: 33.4 Texts in the Night | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

I felt I had to respond with more than just squeeing and Wonder Woman…

I’d like to go.

author: Bill G.

Bill G. said:

I felt I had to respond with more than just squeeing and Wonder Woman…

Well, the squee was nice, but … heh.

Mike said:

Can Alycia just have fun? (unlikely)

There are so many reasons why that’s unlikely. The big question is … how not-fun-having is expressed and cause and focused on.

(“Everybody dead, the auditorium in flames, and I’ve lost my hat …”)

author: *** Dave H.

FILE 138X12B.97.F
SMS EXCHANGE CLASSIFICATION 3
CASE Azula [001]
XREF CASE DeepRising [002]
XREF CASE Turtleneck
SOURCEUNIT 252-881-XXXX
SOURCEUNIT 252-963-XXXX
PROTOCOL STREAM 3;8;12;27

AGENT CC Parker

BEGIN SMS STREAM

TEXT ORIGIN 001

TEXT ORIGIN 002

Sitrep

Mrglblrgl

Dammit, Daph. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.

I think he’s going to ask me.

Is this some miraculous parthenogenesis of clarity, or did you have to beat him about the head and shoulders.

LOL he needs a bit of encouragement. And information. And speaking of possibilities.

And consequences.

Playing down that part. Don’t want to scare him off.

Not scaring. Just letting him know what he might lose.

I don’t want him to lose.

Me.

“Nice potential relationship you got here. Be a shame if something were to happen to it.”

Oh. Ha!

Report when you have update.

Aye-aye!

PAUSE 37:14

Sitrep?

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PAUSE 47:29

Sitrep!

Grblflrbl

LOL

So …?

He asked me!! Dancing will occur!

Bravo.

I said Id choose the dinner, he gets to take me to the dance.

Nice. Maintaining control while attaining your strategic target.

Haha! You make it sound like a military campaign.

Do I?

I took that hill then.

Medals of Honor for everyone!

Sooooooooo

Yes?

DRESS! HAIR! WHAT DO I CONVERSE ABOUT?

Daph. Breathe.

Oh yes I must breathe whilst my potential evening of romance and potential life-changing personal engagement threatens to burst into flames.

PAUSE 0:32

This is a mid-semester dance in high school.

What, you’re not worried about Mr. Bat-Signal?

That is so amazingly different a case that worlds could live and die in response.

Easy for you to say.

PAUSE 0:47

I am unqualified to suggest a dress, hairstyle, makeup, or shoes. We are very different physical forms and I suck at me, too.

Conversationwise, be yourself. If he doesn’t like that why the hell are you dating him?

But INSECURE!!!

You told me were picked by the gods. Or one of them. Maybe. What does the opinion of some Enjolras-wannabe matter to that. Be strong and confident!

I want him to be my Marius.

Ugh. Ick.

But Marius is so romantic.

I hope I never meet a boy who feels the same.

So no advice???

The human mind can only grasp three things at a time.

Pick three topics to talk about. Something he is clearly passionate about, something you feel strongly about, something that everyone knows about but doesn’t care.

Rotate through those three topics depending on whether you want to engage him, show your own heart, or retreat to neutral ground. That will give you always something to talk about.

Wow. Does that work?

Game theory and Bruman’s argument about human motivation indicate they should.

And you’ve tested this.

Yeah I’m more a do as I say not as I do person. Also more into hypotheticals. Also more into gut instinct when fight or flight takes over.

Yeah, but you’re a clever minx. Your dates must go very well.

PAUSE 023

Your lips to Ishtar’s ears.

END SMS STREAM

author: *** Dave H.
url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6708576