Part of what I love about Mike’s Radiance piece is its versatility. So we’re going to take that, and see how many alternatives we can come up with that use its ingredients.
The standard flying brick, for people who hit hard and bounce bullets.
- Fold the wings together into a cape
- No tabard, no tiara, but the bodysuit underneath that is fine
- Crystal skin effect is optional, but still keep the new face (explaining why we don’t have to wear a mask, yet have a secret identity)
- Hard light holograms are kept close and juiced up, to provide a strong defensive barrier and exert extra strength
- Punch everyone (Bull)
- +1 to a label, change Mask label to Danger or Savior?
The confident trickster and illusionist. Probably want to differentiate from Charade a bit more, but that’s why Summer asks Alycia for help with these things.
- No wings, no tiara
- New hairstyle and/or hair color
- Bodysuit sans tabard, in darker or more muted colors
- Alternatively, the tabard expands into a robe or hanbok type piece, evoking the light garments of a fantasy magic user
- Lots of holograms, lots of drones - especially ones that can create convincing duplicates of her
- Are You Watching Closely (Delinquent)
- +1 to a label, change Mask label to Superior
Lady of Light
A straightforward artificial being with a constant glow. Probably nicknamed “Nightlight” or something by the press.
- Crystal skin effect remains
- Inner glow replaces the need for obvious clothing-type costumery
- Blasting, blinding, and cutting light effects
- There When It Matters (Bull)
A more mechanistic and hard-hitting combatant, somewhere between Link and Radiance in terms of approach (probably half and half Directly Engage & Unleash Your Powers).
Speaks in monotone and the third person, like a good robot.
- Larger light-emitter modules, hovering close
- The smaller units are used for ranged or AOE combat
- Bodysuit remains, face cover rather than tiara
- Holographic weapons
- Coming For You (Transformed)
- +1 to label, change Mask label to Danger
author: Bill G.