Alvin's Amblings

Things to Spend Advances On

“An evolving document”

For each advance …

• +1 stat (to +2)
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Could use more Cunning
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Could use still more Cunning (to 2)
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Could use more generic Luck (to 2)
    • :white_large_square: Could use more generic Charm (to 1)
  • New move from playbook
    • :white_large_square: Nose for Gold (more wealth for Nature & Drive)
    • :white_large_square: Rope-a-Dope (quasi-combat move, but in a very Alvin way)
  • New move from other playbook (max 2)
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Harrier: Parkour (utility)
    • :white_large_square: Ranger: Slip Away (for combat or pursuit)
    • :white_large_square: Champion: Of the People (travel move, plus Denizen rep)
    • :white_large_square: Raider: Loot and Plunder (maximize heisting for Nature & Drive)
  • Two new weapon skills
    • Nah. Not Alvin’s bag.
  • Two new roguish feats, up to 6 – core 70, t&o 43
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Pickpocket
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Sleight of Hand
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Cover Up
  • +1 harm track
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Exhaustion (to 5)
    • :ballot_box_with_check: Still more Exhaustion (to 6)
  • Two new connections (max 6) – core 52, t&o 55
    • Not feeling it.

Don’t forget that the +1 harm track is up to 6 (from your starting 4). So Alvin could still pick up a second +1 Exhaustion to hit that limit.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not ruling that out, it’s just not on my priority list. Maybe I’ll go ahead and add another to the checklist, since that’s what I’m most likely to consume.

1 Like

So my original thought with this advance was +1 Exhaustion (because that always seems to be the weak link), and then +1 Luck (maxing to 2 unless I take the one other-book feat that lets me push to 3) because that covers for anything I can’t do. And that’s a safe, staid, unflavorful thing to do.

Then I parsed the playbook moves, both my own and the Other Playbook ones, and scribbled a bunch down, then rediscovered this post where I had this stuff already (but not updated).

I really like each of the Other Playbook moves, for different reasons. Part of me really just loves the idea of Alvin Parkouring his way through things.

Currently still gonna go for the Exhaustion bump (sine qua non), but really toying with those different Moves.

1 Like