Art Thread: Menagerie RPG

I thought the percentages were a good idea and they add a little bit to the “thought process.” Plus they should still be readable at print size (based on my test) so a fine addition.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what that final icon is to the right is, but this is tons of fun.

Are the percentages likelihood of occurrence, or likelihood of success?

Final icon on the right is the exit doors (implying just walking out the front door with a disguise).

As for the percentages, I figured they were a combination of likely to occur (like finding a gun or a keycard) or likely to work out.

I occurred to me that we almost committed the most heinous of crimes: charging off into season-ending danger without a unifying team symbol.

Crisis averted.

3 Likes

If you ever think it worth time to do something more here, I definitely think doing some of the magitech glowing line highlights on the skull would be fitting. :slight_smile:

(I’d keep focusing on that Alycia work, though. Priorities! :smiley: )

1 Like

Still hard at work on card artwork, now with questionable canon.

This would have been Issue 48-49 right after the Time Tumble when Radiance and Concord stopped the Phoenix from crash landing and then Sablestar and Doctor Infinity’s drones showed up to attack the Menagerie before Baking with Jeff Goldblum.

So technically Radiance wouldn’t have had her full outfit yet… but I don’t really care. It looks cool and in the end, isn’t that all that really matters? (No, not really, but it does in this context.)

3 Likes

The wings look more bat than butterfly. I think overall it’s fantastic :+1:

1 Like

I thought she dropped most of the butterfly design elements after the thing with Palomedes. If she kept the butterfly wings, that’ll be an easy fix to make (and something I really want to get right before doing her Wing card artwork).

I think the butterfly theme is too deeply ingrained to really give it up

2 Likes

An easy enough edit before throwing the card together.

3 Likes

More detail now that I’m thinking about it.

Summer proposed doing that, For Science, and that would have logically led into a story where Daph confronts Palamedes. That story never actually got told (as far as I know), but I sort of assume it got wrapped up somehow, letting Summer go back to her normal costume. So your memory was correct, and it’s now caught up with my own head-canon :smiley:

1 Like

Huh, for some reason I thought it had gotten told (or maybe it was just broad strokes “here’s what would probably happen”). I know it was the cause of Radiance switching over to a more Supergirl-inspired one-piece instead of her original outfit.

Not too worried one way or the other, just making sure I’m remembering things correctly as I try to transcribe them into words and images.

1 Like

I’m almost done with the cleanup of posts in the Roll20 forum import, and I came across what I think you’re referring to

2 Likes

Goddammit, Doyce …

and

3 Likes

Joke done entirely for the laughs. I think your minis look great, Dave. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m not happy with how Alycia’s face turned out – one of the few weaknesses of the tool, though, honestly, it could well be user error. I do know I found some additional proportion sliders after i had taken all the screen caps that I would likely modify A’s figure with.

Jason’s though – being able to turn magic effects into black swarms of nanobots was awesome.

Ghost Girl lends herself to a lot more fun poses.

3 Likes

Harry was a scosh more difficult, as the HF paper dolls don’t really do Spandex. This bit more retro design is Harry-player Approved.

2 Likes

Harry (internally): Mom, stop making a fuss… just… no, don’t get the camera, don’t get the camera… dammit.
harry suit
I couldn’t not after reading the beginning of An Icy Reception.

2 Likes

Take off the clothes, and color the body with the ‘decal’ option under colors.

1 Like