CWC One-offs

Summer goes by fast. The original meme.

1 Like

Colin takes the Pepsi Challenge

1 Like

I think we’re at the third or fourth ring of NPCs here, starting from our core PCs. Pretty soon these strips will be “The Adventures of Colin’s Little Brother Austin”.

2 Likes

I’m the cartoonist and even I’m confused.

It’s for science.

Following the talk with Daph, Alycia works off some latent insecurity the way we all do: by picking on Jason.

2 Likes

She was just in the mode to do so.

Posted here due to activism-related content. I’m on a couple atheist/skeptic discords these days and some of the stories inspired this comic.

1 Like

Apropos of nothing, if you haven’t already read the “Astro City” comics by Kurt Busiek, you really ought to. It’s a marvelously grown-up (“adult” gives the wrong impression) take on the comic universe, without deconstructing the tropes. The very first issue was a beautiful story about why ordinary citizens would choose to live in a city constantly caught in hero-villain conflicts, and it’s just gotten better since then.

One character in particular is relevant to Aria and Summer. Her story isn’t theirs, but it did what I have always tried to do with the Newman sisters: take this idea of a robot girl, hop into her POV, take her story seriously, let her be the protagonist, and really think about what it means to be her.

1 Like

Hee. I love Alycia’s dialog here.

Astro City is da bomb. I have all of the collections up to a point, and need to (now that I am gainfully re-employed) pick up the rest.