Dinosaur Island

Hot Mess is zero for two on fights now.

Wonder what she found?

1 Like

Big badda boom.

Best vacation ever.

1 Like

A shout-out to this comic, and explains how and where Alycia saw dinosaurs.

1 Like

Taking a break to solicit feedback, opinions, and what people hope or fear is on the way.

I’ve been enjoying this so far. I always enjoy things that are Silver Age-y like someplace called Dinosaur Island, so I’m interested to see how this all finishes up.

I was interested to see that this used to be one of Rossum’s old hideouts, but that lead me to wonder what Nono read in Leo’s journal or whatever that was. If that’s where she learned about the volcano exploding, I’d have to question why information like that would be there (that would have been what, at least a decade old?).

However, I also am imagining that maybe Nono is just turning Emma’s stuff around on her and lying about the volcano part to get them off the island.

Very interested to the see conclusion of this story.

1 Like

“ASKED HIM ABOUT THE VOLCANO AND WOULD IT BLOW UP. HE SAID NO SILLY HE CALCULATED IT WOULD NOT EXPLODE UNTIL A LOT LATER. WHEN, I ASKED. JUNE 2019 AS ANYONE WHO HAD A VOLCANOLOGY HOBBY WOULD KNOW BUT THAT IS PLENTY OF TIME FROM NOW HE SAID AND HE WOULD MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IMPORTANT WAS EVACUATED BY THEN. THEN HE GAVE ME PUDDING IN A CAN WHICH WAS GROSS.”

2 Likes

(I was hazy enough on some of the details of Leo’s past not to be sure of the details, but I figured it was a reasonable journal entry for an ~8yo. Also, that Rossum is of course an amateur vulcanologist because Vulcan because Hephaestus because of course. Also, that Rossum would be certain that everything important was evacuated. Also that he would feed Leo (and likely himself) from canned stores on the island, and every kid likes pudding, right, that’ll certainly win him over?)

2 Likes

The trek to the submarine.

Uh oh.

Does this situation seem tense?

1 Like

Fanfic saves the day.

Maybe.

Great, now I need the AEGIS Ops team-up of Charade, Hot Mess, and Agent 1337. Bill, why you got to do this to me?

1 Like

Any love for SNOWMAN on that team?

Agent Parker …

… is unsure about that. Which probably means it’s all a good idea.

1 Like

I think “I’m sorry I lied to you about the volcano” is one of my favorite lines. Only in Masks.

The first panel comes from Mess Effect, the last text cutscene for Hot Mess. I like callbacks like this.

The guy in the second panel is Mr. Big, Emma’s villain mentor and (I HOPE) all around likable dude.

Meanwhile, big brother’s gonna big brother.

2 Likes