It’s been almost a week at Gardner. With as many schools as you’ve attended, it’s crazy that a new one would put you on edge.
How’ve things been going?
Roll +Danger. On a 10+, pick 2. On a 7-9, pick 1.
* Gardner crawls with supers and the so-called elite, and with you as one of the faces of the Menagerie and recently dropping your Mask on YouTube, you’re an easy target for every wannabe with an opinion. But you rise above it - you know who you are, you know whose opinions you care about. Tell us about someone trying to make an example of you, and how you shut them down.
* [Only on a 10+, and only when paired with option one: Also take influence over that person.]
* The rumor mill has been churning non-stop about, of all people, Summer and Aria. You caught a whiff of it, and it smelled rotten, but you’re not going White-Knight - tell us about the opportunity you managed to subtly give the girls to address things on their own. (And did they, or didn’t bother?)
* GYRO has been notoriously unpredictable when it comes to metahuman students with a knack for Science. “Sometimes she loves you, sometimes… it’s the other thing.” Did you impress her, surprise her, or frighten her? What happened?
On a miss, pick 1, but with everything _else_ going on, and Vector’s Revelations, school has been seriously stressing you out - you snapped back at Trace during practice, loud and hard, he left before you could figure out how to pull things back, and now half the team is gunning for you to take his place as captain. (Wtf?!?)
Hugs and kisses,
It’s been the longest week at Gardner you have ever. experienced. All new classes, and all of the sudden people are, like, “expecting big things” from you. Joy.
Roll +Superior. On a 10+, pick 2. On a 7-9, pick 1.
* Your dad is the big priority right now. You break through on the whole speed-reading trick, and use the recovered homework time to coordinate a team visit to the hospital. Name someone critical to your plan for helping Dad: they get a +1 on a roll toward that end, based on “the plan,” OR you get a +1 to Provoke your mom into allowing the attempt (which also has to happen).
* So you’ve tangled with your first real speedster. Wow. You’ve been doing a lot of research on both what Vector was able to do with his powers, and what Leo has told you about the speedster’s background. (Foreground? Time travel is confusing.) Take +1 forward on a Vector-related roll.
* Uncle Chase taught you his “super-charge” trick, and it. is. awesome. Take +1 on your next Directly Engage or Unleash roll that uses his trick.
On a miss, pick 1, but Andi’s seriously starting to wonder how a speedster can be so slow to take a hint. Lose influence with Andy and take Guilty. Time to make with the apologies…
High speed high-fives,
New schools are hard. New schools when you’re trying to balance the power of the Concordance and a Keynome inside your chest (sort of? somewhere? it’s Weird…) is REALLY hard.
Roll +Freak. On a 10+, pick 1. On a 7-9, pick 1, but the effect is Unstable or you take a Condition to hold it in place.
* The Concordance is here. Again. You get a vision of your (well, Sol’s) replacement. Tell us what you see and take +1 forward when you face them.
* You’ve figured out (with help) what you need to do to help out Harry’s dad. Store 2 Burn that can be used only on affecting Silver Streak’s condition.
On a miss, pick as though you rolled a 7-9, and your powers have attracted attention at the worst possible time, hopelessly complicating what was already a rotten week. Tell us if this at School, Home, or In the Public Eye, and get ready to Take a Powerful Blow.
The boys (and girls?) are all back at school, and all the ghosts are calling you “General” (is that a good or bad thing? seems to depend on the spirit in question), they know what happened in the Sepiaverse, and are waiting (or dreading) to find out what want them to do.
Roll +Savior. On a 10+, pick 1. On a 7-9, pick 1, and you attract some dangerous attention.
* You’ve got a solid theory on how to heal the wounds, and just need [teammate or NPC’s] help with implementation/testing.
* You’ve got a solid theory on how to find all the wounds in the world, and just need [teammate or NPC’s] help with testing the theory.
On a miss, pick 1 as a 7-9, the spirit world is completely behind you, but the ghosts seem to be… reflecting your fierce desire to protect them and the world a little too vehemently. Poltergeist-like hauntings are up over three hundred percent, the effected area is large, it’s all centered on your cemetery and that high-rise Rook is so interested in, and someone has leaked to the press that’s it’s obviously because of you.
School is torture. Not literally, of course, but… okay, maybe literally.
Still, you’re doing your best. You think.
Roll +Mundane. On a 10+, pick 2. On a 7-9, pick 1.
* You bonded with a team mate over something, very likely at school. Tell us what happened, and with whom. Add +1 team to the pool and ask the team mate if you get Influence (and why or why not).
* Parker is marginally more open to your comings and goings. You get two hours “unsupervised” (sure) time after school. How have you been spending it?
* Almost (or entirely) by accident, you’ve made a friend/admirer/worshiper our of someone at Gardner. Who is it, and… what the heck happened?
On a miss, pick 1, but a “friend” come crashing into your new life with a crisis.
Hugs and kisses,
author: Doyce T.