Home Room

I mean, sure! She can turn into a monster – and turn back to normal again! I mean, if I could – if –

Anyway, we’re lab partners. And I keep trying to ask her questions about her powers, but not too obviously, because – kind of embarrassing. But she keeps asking me about … well, me. What it feels like, what I can do, how cool do I feel when I let go, which is both cool and scary, but she’s not interested in the scary parts, just in the being really powerful, and that’s what she likes to talk about.

Which is kinda cool. And kinda scary.

1 Like

Dude, it’s fine. She’s just Purelling up, like the CDC wants us to do.

We rolled a 6 for him, so: Alex thinks he’s Fey Wray who’s too pretty and likable to be likable, and distrusts him on general principle. “Plus we can’t track someone like that, we have no leverage, it’s just a bad situation all around from a security standpoint.”

Probably Joe knows, because of their proximity - Alex is one of the people in class who’d look back in that direction and scowl at Evanrude, but not at Joe. How does Joe feel about that?

1 Like

Since Joe keeps frowning at people’s glamoured pleasant reactions to Evan (which doesn’t help the comparison between them), there’s probably been a “I’m frowning at him, they’re frowning at him, our eyes meet, and we both give a little firm nod” moment.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So new thread is still sitting out there. If Hailey needs to be changed, we can certainly do that. Otherwise, I still have a couple of questions about her outstanding.

Let’s give #1 to @Margie and #2 to @garrett, please.

Okay, at this point I have one question answer pending from Mike, two for Margie (blush, and the Kick2 question), one for Garret (also Kick2), and @fragolakat is populating 1B with our last student, either a newborn (learning ‘right’ behavior from this class of dumpster fires) or innocent (for more time-travel goodness).

Once we have 1B, we’ll have Dave answer a final question about whoever that is, and then we are good, I think.

1 Like

Hailey is friends with Chris, which is weird for two reasons. When the heck did they meet, and why is someone who was part of a “Blessed Army” even on speaking terms with someone whose code name is “Hellblade”?

3 Likes

Aliud, they/them, Newborn. A robot made by a hostile government using schematics from Sergeant S.U.R.G.E.'s creator. AEGIS managed to secure the newly made robot before they could be used as a weapon, and it was decided that they should enroll at Phoenix to give them an opportunity to learn human behavior and be around people closer to their age.

They make Kiln sad because they often seem lost in the world they’ve found themselves in, like Kiln. But at least Kiln has memories of their home. Aliud doesn’t have anything like that, so Kiln has decided to try and help them out. They can be confused together.

2 Likes

Quoth Margie:

Mette offered her a Brilliant Bar (a classic candy bar named after the Golden Age hero Bryce Brilliant); Hailey visibly flinched, then quickly recovered and offhandedly thanked her. Mette noticed, but hasn’t said anything to anyone about it. She plans to probe further in the future, once she gets to know her better.

[Candy and treats were used as incitements and rewards to the child soldiers of the Blessed Army of the Most Beneficent Truth, usually associated with something awful they wanted them to do or that they had just done.]

(Other @Margie question to be answered once she has a chance to look over the school roster, probably after she knocks off work tonight.)

2 Likes

@dave Who’s showing a strong interest in Aliud that seems, to you, like a really bad idea in the short and possibly long term? Are you doing anything about it?

(And I think we just have 2 or 3 questions to answer and we’re all wrapped up. Again, if you get a question you’d rather pass on, that’s FINE.)

Probably need to do one more strong pass through the spreadsheet to make sure we’ve captured everything but MAN - that’s some heavy lifting all in one week. Great job guys.

2 Likes

Mette seems particularly intrigued in Aliud – there were no robots on her home ship, so she’s fascinated by the idea of artificial intelligence and wants to get to know Aliud better. Which Joe finds disturbing, though he doesn’t have any anti-AI prejudice, well, not really, I mean I guess they’re just other people, only less … biological. It’s just it’s distracting Mette from other people – like, I mean, the team, like that.

He’s not sure what he wants to do about it.

2 Likes

@Margie Someone in class asked you about your old life and, for some stupid reason, your face got all hot and you - somehow, again you’re not really sure WHY - told them you were one of the beautiful genius supermodel scientists. (Which technically didn’t even exist.) Who were you trying to impress? Did it work?

Obviously Evan and obviously no. And now I can obviously curl up and die.

3 Likes

So we have already had (before the school year started?) the “When You First Met” scene? Just trying to get that high level chronology straight.

1 Like

“Angus MacRoon, of the Clan MacRoon!”

2 Likes

I have taken a first pass at building a relationship map related to the Home Room members, to make it easier to see what connections have been established.

The chart includes NPC-NPC and NPC-PC connections, but not the PC-PC connections, as those are more subject to change.

The sheet is editable, in case I made any goofs or updates are needed.

I’ve also included this link and a snapshot at the top of this post.

3 Likes

Note that I only included cues from this Home Room post and comments. Comics and comments elsewhere were not included.

2 Likes