Memes and Comedy

Anything that doesn’t otherwise belong to a game, I guess. Here goes.

1 Like

1 Like

Everyone here feels very called out by that.

1 Like

via http://www.dorktower.com/2019/05/21/testing-testing-dork-tower-21-05-19/

3 Likes

Via Twitter:

1 Like

Full, highly amusing, thread here: https://twitter.com/deathbybadger/status/1256172589418000384

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Via @fragolakat:

3 Likes

I feel a bit called out here.

2 Likes

Existential Comics is a great webcomic about Philosophers and the hi-jinx that occur when they get into conversations.

And the writer has done a series, over time, on Philosophers doing D&D. I know just enough philosophy to find these strangely hilarious.

Dungeons and Dragons and Philosophers

1. Dungeons & Dragons & Philosophers - Existential Comics

2. Dungeons & Dragons & Philosophers II: The Analytic Turn - Existential Comics

3. Dungeons & Dragons & Philosophers III: Ladies' Night at the Dragon's Den - Existential Comics

4. Dungeons & Dragons & Philosophers IV: The Interdisciplinary Disaster - Existential Comics

5. Dungeons & Dragons & Philosophers V: The Battle of Five Philosophers - Existential Comics

6. Dungeons and Dragons and Philosophers VI: The Angsty Dragon of Angst - Existential Comics

7. Dungeons and Dragons and Philosophers VII: Left Wing Adventures - Existential Comics

8. Dungeons & Dragons & Philosophers VIII: the Sci-fi Debate - Existential Comics

And as we consider our options here on this benighted planet …

2 Likes

Since we’re doing SF right now … this was beautifully done.

2 Likes

YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN IN CORPORATE IT FOR TOO LONG WHEN …

… you see a Starforged Kickstarter stretch goal announcement about “Web-Based Oracle Dashboard Unlocked!” and you’re momentarily confused as to who’s paying Larry Ellison licensing fees for a gaming aid.

1 Like

I’m absolutely sure Oracle would like to get paid for it, for literally any value of “it”

1 Like

And by Named User and processor count, scaled to the size of the starship you’re adventuring in.

“Oh, you say this will be used by both this Margie person and her character Nails? All right, that’s two more seats …”

“And you want to access it on the shuttlecraft as well as the main ship? What OS and platform will that instance have?”

2 Likes

Later christians trying to reconcile Norse mythology/gods by saying that Odin, Thor, that whole bunch, were simply Trojans who fled after the fall of Troy and made their way up north (somehow). And obviously the Trojans were so great that they’d be like gods among men to the backwards northern barbarians.

Because everyone needs to trace their lineage back to the Trojans. Who lost the war.

3 Likes

Sounds like some Trojan horseshit

2 Likes

Stop hectoring him.