More Masks memes

A whole thread of them.

Jason and Alycia at retirement

1 Like

HA! Been a while since I thought of Laugh-In.

Alycia doesn’t have much respect for private property. Or oligarchy-controlled public property, either.

1 Like

1 Like

Clearing Hopeless:

8f15455e-1a45-451a-965a-8bd83507f898

2 Likes

Summer and Alycia

2 Likes

HA! OMG, I love that.

1 Like

Rewatching “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” and … epiphany:

Dr. Horrible is Jason Quill, but captured by Alycia’s ideology: smart, radical, passionate, but really, really awkward.

billy penny

3 Likes

I’m deeply concerned about who Captain Hammer is in this scenario.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Trying to figure out why “Character makes a blatantly stupid move that will only unnecessarily and non-optimally lead to huge escalation of drama, thus encouraging the audience to forget how stupid a move it was” works so well in Masks, but is so irritating in the CW super-hero shows.

3 Likes

The secret is to make the stupid move make perfect sense at the time.

2 Likes

Ah! You are absolutely right. The stupidity has to be apparent to the viewer/reader, but plausibly non-apparent to the character (or it needs to be lampshaded in acknowledgment). It’s the “okay, you have gotten into huge trouble every time you’ve kept a secret from your S.O. in the last three days, so WHY ARE YOU DOING IT AGAIN FOR NO APPARENT REASON?” thing that causes terminal eye-rolling.

1 Like

And just a note, I was inspired around this question by bingeing through Stargirl whilst the housemates were away. And, yeah, there was a bit of this, but it was far less egregious than a lot of the other CW shows, maybe because a high school setting has so much drama fodder to begin with. Plus a ton of great call-outs to the JSA (and a lot of PoV focus with their villainous opponents). It worked for me far better than it should have.

2 Likes