Newman One-Offs

A work whose sole purpose for existence is to make the reader go “Awwww! That’s so sweet!” at regular intervals and/or at the end.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

“I think this look would weird out Alycia just as much.”

Weirdly enough, I would expect Alycia would get ticked off at Otto trying to “pass” (even though that’s clearly not what he’s doing). And not out of any sense of deception, but because he should be proud of what he is. (Alycia can be a bit of an ideologue at times.)

1 Like

Yep, Otto isn’t going to the dark side, but I think he is experimenting, for several reasons: Mary, solidarity with Summer (trying out a look you wouldn’t ordinarily try), and reconnecting with mundane human scale in a controlled fashion. But he’s who he is, and he likes that.

1 Like

Maury is still looking for a podcasting partner, by the way.

Well there’s only one way I can lighten the mood of a comment like that: a dirty joke that involves Jason.

1 Like

HA!

Poor Jason.

Otto and the kids in a few years.

2 Likes

Hasbro would sue the shit out of them if they called it “Adventures of the Ponies”, though.

2 Likes

I don’t have these two talk onscreen as much as they ought.

1 Like

She also gains fandom powers of any show she binge watches.

The whole “Summer visits a college party and messes with everyone’s program” thing is a story I thought would be fun, but never put together coherently.

1 Like

Quiet domestic bliss.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m making a terrible binary joke.

I feel like Colin is gonna be one of those anime protagonists that’s immune to all damage because he’s been beat up so often, and he’s getting blase about threats.

2 Likes

Colin pushes back.

2 Likes

Last one in the sequence. Colin acknowledges Alycia, who responds in the only way I can think makes sense for her.

1 Like

“I think they said their were the Teen Rockets or something …”

1 Like

I don’t think she would actually torture him if he hurt Summer in some profound emotional fashion, let alone kill him. Punish him, yes. But … well, she’d be mindful that Summer would seriously object (and feel even more guilty) if Alycia hurt him too badly.

A broken finger, maybe. Or, if a permanent lesson was needed, a missing finger. But probably nothing beyond that.

Probably.

Yeah, just like she wouldn’t actually murder Jason just because another girl liked him, over in the Pidgeverse comics. :slight_smile: We’re exaggerating the peril here, both for comic effect, and because the characters themselves might do so to sort of laugh it off.