Newman One-Offs

Well there’s only one way I can lighten the mood of a comment like that: a dirty joke that involves Jason.

1 Like

HA!

Poor Jason.

Otto and the kids in a few years.

2 Likes

Hasbro would sue the shit out of them if they called it “Adventures of the Ponies”, though.

2 Likes

I don’t have these two talk onscreen as much as they ought.

1 Like

She also gains fandom powers of any show she binge watches.

The whole “Summer visits a college party and messes with everyone’s program” thing is a story I thought would be fun, but never put together coherently.

1 Like

Quiet domestic bliss.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m making a terrible binary joke.

I feel like Colin is gonna be one of those anime protagonists that’s immune to all damage because he’s been beat up so often, and he’s getting blase about threats.

2 Likes

Colin pushes back.

2 Likes

Last one in the sequence. Colin acknowledges Alycia, who responds in the only way I can think makes sense for her.

1 Like

“I think they said their were the Teen Rockets or something …”

1 Like

I don’t think she would actually torture him if he hurt Summer in some profound emotional fashion, let alone kill him. Punish him, yes. But … well, she’d be mindful that Summer would seriously object (and feel even more guilty) if Alycia hurt him too badly.

A broken finger, maybe. Or, if a permanent lesson was needed, a missing finger. But probably nothing beyond that.

Probably.

Yeah, just like she wouldn’t actually murder Jason just because another girl liked him, over in the Pidgeverse comics. :slight_smile: We’re exaggerating the peril here, both for comic effect, and because the characters themselves might do so to sort of laugh it off.

Oh, I know. I just have problems not role playing Alycia. :joy:

The Alycia-Leo conversations are always productive, though often not in the way either of them originally intend. To me, that just means they’re both still learning.

1 Like

Yup. And, as usual, you capture Alycia well.

The complicated Leo-Aria-Summer friendship in four panels.

1 Like

You know, if I say “third Newman sister”, my brain goes weird places.

I swear I will not inflict this on you guys for real, even in comic continuity.

2 Likes