PC Interactions

Astralis is in the secret business. She’s telling and keeping secrets and doing illegal things that should also be secret

I imagine Pelagos and Sprout basically acting like super buds except Pelagos gets them both in questionable situations (And they’re probably hilarious)

And I feel like there’s a chance Sabine and Pelagos occasionally tag-team to get other people involved in shenanigans they come up with

(I could see Pelagos and Sabine coming up with mischief and getting the other in on whatever the plan is. Probably Sabine would be the main initiator, I think, though?)

I like that Sabine has two people chasing her but she’s too busy trying to show off to Ghost. That just amuses me.

Pelagos is also trying to show off to Ghost in his own way, so those two are sort of competing for his approval/attention

What did Ghost reveal to Astralis? Secrets about the adult hero establishment, because she wanted to know.

Why did Astralis trust Sprout? Sprout isn’t human and won’t talk to the human world about who Astralis really is, and she needed a confidante.

Thinking of this as a comic book, “team first came together” would be told from Astralis’ POV. We literally open with her backstory, some action-y space war scenes, the history of her people, and then that segues into the city itself, built from a crashed UFO. I feel like she’s searching around Sector Zero - the dangerous, offlimits parts of the UFO - for answers, and some Science Pirates arrive. The other heroes are chasing after them, and meet her.

When our team first came together…

Outsider: We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Midge was just so excited to see other giants with strange superpowers, and they enthusiastically rounded up their fellow weirdos for fun and do-gooding!

Delinquent: We totally broke some major rules to win the fight. What rules did we break? Whose rules were they?

We went into Sector Zero, which is a big no-no! The city authorities block access to the whole area for safety, but that’s exactly why the bad guys are there!

Doomed: We paid a high cost for victory. What was it?

There was a sixth hero who was with us, but we were reckless and destructive enough that they were disgusted and left the scene before the rest of the group formed a team. We’re on their bad side now, and they might work with the authorities to censure us.

Legacy: All things considered, we did well and impressed an established hero. Who was it?

Mack Atlas, the world’s strongest man, was the one who pulled some collapsed rubble off our position. He was surprised to find that we’d not only kept the Science Pirates from getting hurt, but kept most of the loot intact (and usable as evidence). He promised to keep in touch.

Beacon: We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

The Science Pirates were carrying some kind of encrypted message. We don’t know exactly what it says but we know that the encryption method is used only by large corporations in the city. Someone in the city hired these guys to look for something specific. Now the cops have it. What’s going to happen next?

The story so far…

• Miguel Murphy, the Guardian Ghost, was hunting down Science Pirates operating in the city
  • He teamed up with Sabine along the way, because she could keep up with their ultra-fast vehicles more easily than him
  • The pursuit threatened Sprout’s family home, and so they became involved, trying to fend off the Pirates from the neighborhood
  • Pelagos and another hero, Deus Volt, responded to the radio calls from the police
  • They entered Sector Zero and met up with Astralis there
  • The team made a desperate attempt to keep the Science Pirates from escaping the scene, but managed to bring down a lot of infrastructure
  • Mack Atlas, the adult hero, rescued the team and took custody of their prisoners

Questions that follow:

• How does Astralis represent herself to the team initially? As a human gadgeteer or inventor. Add a bit of awkwardness where the team asks her about this, and her linked supercomputer analyzes human social patterns and concludes this is a good idea.

Work in progress: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gaqlJ1myzUxF8Zxq-pNhIaziGEudJvFzPSeVhtPdK-c/edit?usp=sharing

Relationships:

Guardian Ghost

• You once got caught doing something that shames your legacy with Pelagos.
  • You trust Astralis and told them an important secret of your legacy.

Sprout:

• You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with Pelagos
  • You have a crush on Sabine but you keep it under wraps

Astralis:

• You told Sprout all about your doom and the danger you’re in
  • You’d love to kiss Sabine before your doom comes

Pelagos:

• Sprout is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
  • You’ve got to prove yourself to Guardian Ghost before you feel like a real hero

Sabine:

• I keep trying to impress Guardian Ghost with my antics
  • I and Astralis pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together.