Roll20 Character Sheets

@garrett, because we talked about this last night, figured I would bring it up on the forums for tracking.

The character sheet for Ironforged is good, but it’s also way too much for a beginner in my opinion.

(screenshot of the default character sheet, which comes with all the options already enabled)

I figure I would voice out a small wishlist of features for a character sheet and see what you could tell is/isn’t feasible in a week or two.

What I Like

• The split Single-Character/Shared Sheets. Might be useful in tracking Supply and Shared Vows.
  • The Failures track being front and center. I plan on using that optional rule, since it sounds like something Margie was interested in.
  • How the stat boxes work (click on them get a roll).

What I Don’t Like

• All the extra tabs. A couple for like Assets, Progress Tracks, or Contacts is fine, but having eight is too many for what this is. Moves can be written in handouts like we did with Masks. Not everyone needs to Oracles (and I’ve already started to make them into rollable tables). I just feel like it probably is going to be more confusing than helpful.
  • None of the options for Sites, Rarities, and Threats are probably useful at the moment. Maybe if the game goes for a while, but that can just as easily be tracked on a shared sheet or a note about the rarity.

What I Would Like to Have

• Much like the Failures track, I’d like to see the Quest, Bonds, and Discoveries tracks front and center (like on the print character sheet).
  • Swapping the existing Ironsworn Debility names for the Starforged Impacts would eliminate some confusion.

Again, all of these are solvable without having to modify the backend of the character sheet, they’re just nice to have.

2 Likes

Dev game is up and running here: https://app.roll20.net/join/9673870/1iKXDw

I’ll be editing the custom sheet live. There’s two sheets up, a test PC and a shared sheet.

1 Like

Checklist (this is just for me, don’t reply to this):

:ballot_box_with_check: Switch Debility names for Impacts
:ballot_box_with_check: Remove Sites, Moves, and Oracles tabs
:ballot_box_with_check: Remove Rarities and Threats
:ballot_box_with_check: Add Quests track
:ballot_box_with_check: Add Bonds track
:ballot_box_with_check: Add Discoveries track

For those playing along at home, here’s where we are at

Bill, took a look and you’ve basically covered everything in like a day. Great job. :slight_smile:

The only thing that jumped out at me as something was the Bonds track on the top of the Bonds tab. Might cause confusion with the Bonds track in progress tab. Feel comfortable removing that track? Sorry for the late addition.

Sure. I assume I should still keep that tab for individual bonds/contacts/whatever?

Probably a good idea for now, since NPC relationships are a thing.

1 Like

Okay, done. If you feel like letting this bake for a bit, the game will stay up. If you think we’re ready, I’ll share out the modified HTML and CSS files

The files: Starforged - Google Drive

That’s really great work. I’m excited!

1 Like

The Paths (at least) in the character sheets in the game appear to be (I’m guessing) Ironbound, not the Starforged assets. (Navigator doesn’t show up, and even Devotant has different text in it).

I’m happy to modify some text for the ones I chose from the drop-down, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.

Yeah, all of the assets will be the Ironsworn versions of them, not the Starforged versions. You can write in your own, you just need to use CUSTOM option from the dropdown. But if that is confusing, let me know and I can fill them in.

1 Like

Ah! No, “CUSTOM” is fine. I obviously didn’t peer at it closely enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As advance warning to all, the text box editor is a bit crude (no underscoring, and it word wraps everything regardless of carriage returns or spaces added). For myself, I used all-caps for moves in the Asset descriptions, and “(A)” “(B)” for bulleted choices. No real harm, just requires a bit more squinting when glancing at Assets. :nerd_face:

Yeah, looks like an issue. I could fix this by just manually adding the assets to the character sheet, but I don’t want to unless it is helpful (or if this is too much of a pain in the butt). We’ll see how it goes after the first game.

1 Like

I really don’t think it will be that big a deal, more wanted to give people a heads up before they did careful spacing and typography. :slight_smile: