Scheduling Snafus

I knew you were going out there to investigate primitive conditions and ancient relics but god damn

2 Likes

I know. Where’s magitek when you need it!

1 Like

The situation should be fixed by the end of the month (knocks on various bits of wood), but, yeah.

Honestly, from a the-rest-of-that-quote standpoint, I’m kind of majorly frazzled, as my mom is in the hospital for (while we were in NY) (a) getting COVID, (b) having some sort of cardiac incident that caused her to (c) fall and get a compression fracture for one of her vertebrae. Which meant my flying back early and doing all sorts of stuff at the hospital and on the phone and kind of not much of anything else.

(And I badly owe Bill some reading, too.)

2 Likes

Best wishes to mom. The writing is there for any times you need a break or distraction :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your mother, Dave. Everyone at the house are hoping for the best with her.

1 Like

Thanks. Latest word is she will be discharged from hospital tomorrow, but moving into skilled nursing / rehab center for a time while working on her back, etc.

Speaking of scheduling, it looks like Margie and I will not be available next week. But I do want to get the conversation on Next Game going again.

3 Likes

So here we are, “6/16 at the earliest” …

In home health news, Mom’s doing better – still at the SNF, but in better spirits and moving around. No real prognosis or discharge plan as been presented to me as of yet, so idea on timing there.

On the other hand, on the 5th I went to the ER for abdominal pain, which, when they didn’t find anything, meant that on Tuesday the 7th I went to Urgent Care and ended up having my gallbladder yoinked. So that was a thing. I am doing much better (amazing time we live in), but my energy level is still dragging a bit and I’m not allowed to pick up our heavier cat.

James, meanwhile, moves into his new apartment tomorrow, and they have gotten their cable/modem/wifi stuff all ordered, so he will be theoretically able to game as of next week.

So I’m happy to be dark again this week. I did throw some thoughts on the gaming stuff out there in that thread, and I will noodge the fam to ponder about it, too.

Aside from that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

1 Like

So. Because I got Monday off for the holiday, I have to work Friday. And given that I’m generally heading to bed around the time we start, I think I’m going to have to beg off of game this week. Sorry

2 Likes

Unfortunate, but completely understood. Guess I’ll just have to dedicate the time I would put towards the game on other projects.

1 Like

Oh no! :scream:

Just as a heads up, I’m not sure what my schedule is going to look like tomorrow evening. Mom is coming back home from the SNF in the morning, but it’s unclear if we have someone there for the afternoon to be with her and help her get ready for bed and all; if not, I’ll need to take that duty on, which means I might be available at more like 8pm than 7 (MDT).

2 Likes

It is now clear that we do, so there should not be any delay (aside from various text messages from my Mom).

2 Likes

While it’s still quite a bit out, I will be working overnight the week of September 12th, which means I will not be available for our game on September 15th. That’s five weeks out, so I’ll try to remember to remind everyone the week before.

2 Likes

On the “bright” side (game-wise, at least), we will not be going out of town for two weeks at the beginning of September to go cruising down the Danube and seeing sights and hearing music. We may have other things going on those two weeks that cause issues, but we won’t know that until closer-to.

So as a reminder now that we’re past Thanksgiving, I have work stuff that is going to preempt this week’s game, but starting next week (December 8th) I should not have any issues going out through to the end of the year.

Finally, we can be tiny crime animals again. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not a snafus per say. As I’m no longer in new york and trying to stay awake, I was wondering if folks wanted to move game back an hour back to what it was before (an hour later). Since I know we tend to run into when Bill does dinner and such.

I don’t even know when I do dinner these days, so I’d say set schedules based on however people feel. I can go earlier or later as needed.

Personally I like to go to bed around 10-11, so if we start at 8pm I will probably be getting very sleepy after the first hour or so. That said, I can deal with that given advanced warning.

Ok so once more I want to bring up the question of whether people would be good with pushing the time back an hour going forward. No is perfectly OK. I just need to give other folks a proper answer whether I can join them or not. Just looking for a solid answer one way or another does not matter.

Reminder (as much for myself as others) but the next game is Thursday, February 16th. And hopefully nothing crops up in my schedule to threaten that. February looks pretty clear but there may be some issues in March-April.