Figured some of you might want to think about these ahead of time.
Two pretty long days, around the house, with everything feeling kind of awkward.
You can rewrite the universe, but can you fix_this?_
Roll +Mundane. On a 10+, pick 2. On a 7-9, pick 1.
- Your dad has a night off, and finds you in your room, still up. Staring at the wall. Thinking. He asks what’s going on and… you just… tell him. All of it. You and he talk about protecting crowds, evacuating a public space, hostage situations, and NOT about being one of the most powerful beings in the world, and barely able to control it. He tells you how proud he is, and how much you’ve grown up, and the world sucks a little less. Clear a condition.
- Your mom is waiting when you get home from school. Dad has Jordan at taekwondo or gymastics or swimming or something. She asks you to help her bake tahinni/cinnamon sticky buns, and as you’re wrapping up, there’s a knock on the door and three kids on the step. You don’t recognize them until the scowling one says “your mom said no powers.” And you all sit at the kitchen table, and eat sticky buns, and talk about ‘normal things’ (mom’s words). She doesn’t let up until “Red” takes seconds. Take influence over the concordance kids, or clear a condition.
- Late at night, and you’re still up. Suddenly, Jordan’s standing next to your desk, looking sleep-tousled, but awake. Just like always, she says what she’s thinking, with no wind-up. “I know Summer is Radiance. She did her transformation animation in the backyard. Are you a hero too?” Tell us what happens next and clear a condition.
On a miss, you overhear your parents talking about moving away from Halcyon ‘before he-- before something happens to Jordan.’ Take a Powerful Blow.
Dear Ghost Girl,
In a way, parts of this Disney World remind you of home. Your original home; the one that’s part a dream and part lie.
The home the Magus took from you and replaced with a cemetery.
It’s time for a reckoning. You just need to decide what you’re going to do.
- I’m going to undo this.-1 Danger. +1 Freak. +1 forward to Unleash Your Powers.
- **I’m going to stop YOU.**Swap Freak and Danger. +1 forward to Directly Engage.
- **YOU need to stop this!**Swap Freak and Superior. +1 forward to Provoke (stacks with Influence bonus)
This is a big one, without a doubt. You’ve had two days to prep, and your tooled up right to the eyeballs. The team’s united, the target is clear, the mission objective is… well, still a little hazy, but two of three is worth a bit of celebration.
You’re ready to be a hero.
Roll +Danger. On a 10+, two. On a 7-9, one.
- Little of Column A, Little of Column BWhen Doctor Infinity and Magus Everard arrived, you were ready with a bit of tech you’d quietly scattered around the LZ, and hit both of them hard enough to rattle a god’s molars. Describe what happened; how does it showcase both your new identity AND your darker history? Take +1 forward to directly engage one of the combatants, using the label of your choice, IF you act immediately.
- **It always works, sometimes.**You’re at a disadvantage in this fight in more ways than bear counting, not least the fact you’re confined to linear space-time, BUT based on reports of the other Infinity/Magus brawls, there’s a better than 70% chance (73.575757%, repeating) Infinity will be accompanied by those damn robot starfish things. You’re ready for them. Probably. Tell us how you modified Leo’s “Time Space Stabilizer” gizmo and/or the keynome powering it to take the bots out of the equation, and pick one of the following: a) the effect is temporary (b) everything performs perfectly, but with an unforeseen effect on Adam.
- **Hello, hero.**You blast Infinity the moment they fully enter your timeline, and make sure they know it was you. Describe it. Turns out cosmic beings can hold a grudge: at any point in the conflict, divert Infinity’s attention away from someone else and onto you. Hard choices will ensue.
On a miss, pick 1, but dammit things are ALREADY going pear-shaped, and it’s more than half your fault! Take Angry or Guilty, and ask editorial how things went especially sideways.
Charlotte wants to ‘have a word’ with the Magus. You can practically see flames in Alycia’s irises when she talks about Doctor Infinity.
But it all hangs on the machine Leo built, how it interfaces with the keynome… and whether or not you can parse the instructions, keep up with Leo’s explanation of space-time, and not freak out at his “some of getting this to work is going to come down to feel.”
Time to be a hero. Time to be a Newman.
Roll +Freak (you can use The Mask for this session, prior to the roll).
On a 10+, you do it, and it’s perfect. Describe the effect as you activate the device.
On a 7-9, you did it, but pick one:
- It’s unstable. You’ll be battling to keep Infinity locked down.
- It’s temporary. Maybe the device was a real prototype, with all that implies, maybe you just did something wrong, but “This thing isn’t going to hold forever!”
- No no no no NO! You messed it up! Wait, you can fix it! Maybe! Take a condition and tell us what you have to do to keep the device functional.
On a miss, this was a BAD idea. This is exactly what They wanted! Take Hopeless and buckle up.
Hugs and kisses,
One more big showdown alongside the Menagerie. Two days to get ready, which is about two days more thinking than you really want to deal with. Lots of thoughts bouncing around your head. You’re not really a planner.
But… maybe you need to change that?
- **Maybe I’m always going to be stronger with my friends.**Comfort and Support a teammate who needs it. Take +1_ONGOING_to Defend actions throughout the conflict with Infinity/Everard. Take Insecure after the fight as doubts about leaving the team assail you.
- **Faster than a time traveler.**Swap Mundane and Superior. You can use your Moment of Truth to turn any (or anyone’s) 6- result in the fight into a 12+.
Faster 'n Light Fistbump,
author: Doyce T.