Son of General Inspiration Thread

Every Masks PBTA session ever.

1 Like

But they got some great XP from it!

Allow me to say that Spider-Man: Far from Home is a great MASKS game. Who am I? Who do I want to be? How do I make this over-elaborate plan to tell the girl I really like actually work when the entire world seems out to stop me? Whom do I trust? Whose advice do I take? How can I live up to not just the power I have, but with all the expectations being dumped upon me (esp. by myself)?

It’s a funny, heart-full film, deeply in keeping with the sensibilities of Spider-Man as the guy who struggles to find himself against all adversity. Definitely recommended.

An interesting article about player buy-in. May be an important read before the Fellowship game.

2 Likes

One of my favorite fic writers talks about an artist (Kyle Rayner, before he became a Green Lantern) accidentally designing a costume for Superman on deviantart:

And then absolutely jump to the screencap chatlog fiction about when Kyle finds out Superman is wearing his design and freaks out to his boyfriend (Jimmy Olsen).

Exotic weapons for a fantasy campaign? Sure.

1 Like

Just for the record: Not Catlings.

Monster M.D. When monsters get hurt, who fixes them?

Nothing like this, but I’m reminded of the sadly departed, Wolff and Byrd, Counselors of the Macabre (“Beward the Creatures of the Night … they have lawyers!”)

Lash’s tales of a law firm representing monsters in criminal and civil cases was always witty.

This was written for point-and-click adventure games, but I think that every 2 points in 3 can also apply to RPGs.

@doyce in particular will appreciate this photo from this past weekend.

John Wick plays Nerf

1 Like

They’re even taking over our dice!

For a variety of possible games.

1 Like

This sounds like it needs the Fellowship …

download_20190901_210153

2 Likes

Looks like the creators of Henshin are starting a Kickstarter campaign to get a full book printed with additional material for the game. I’m backing this.

1 Like

In the ‘I’m backing this’ vein, I’ve been very pleased with what I’m seeing out of the Fiasco kickstarter, both in terms of the new resolution/card system, and the refocusing of the game away from “bad people having bad things happen to them” to “the game of plans gone wrong”, which I think opens things up to a much more broadly appealing group of stories.

1 Like

There was a Fiasco kickstarter and I didn’t know about it? Well that’s disappointing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bullypulpitgames/fiasco-the-cinematic-game-of-plans-gone-wrong