The just-for-fun Alycia naming thread [Cutscene] [Prep]

Bill G. said:

It can also be a product of limited options. AEGIS’s focus-group-approved option got torn to shreds. Her handler might take her to the evidence locker for captured supervillain stuff, including their costumes, and say “off the rack is all you got, honey”. Or they might visit a theater and costume shop…

Alycia’s instincts will be toward the practical – things that (as priority):

1. Let her move.
2. Provide protection.
3. Provide masking of her identity.

That said, exposure to something interesting or flashy or dramatic would be attractive in a “Huh, never thought of doing this” kind of way.

Her experience working solo has been either buried in a bunker working on projects, wearing whatever was comfortable, and occasionally surfacing for food, materials, or to fight off raiders – or doing infiltration in whatever costuming was appropriate (stealth suits, fashionable corporate wear, etc.). The idea of a “costume” like one of those four-color golden age hero geeks is making her eyes roll so hard her hair vibrates.

author: *** Dave H.
url: Community Forums: The just-for-fun Alycia naming thread [Cutscene] [Prep] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

Mike said:

Equal parts because someone brought up the Red Hood in relation to Alycia joining the team and because this is all theatrics (at least from Alycia’s point of view), this was my initial take on Charade’s costume.

Cell door opens. No preamble. AEGIS agent walks in. Mid-fifties. Rumpled blazer, heavy silk blouse, pearl necklace, Aura of Don’t Fuck With Me, 15’ radius.

Glowers at room, walls, table.

_Not at me, though. New twist.

_Walks to table. Glowers at glossies of AEGIS-approved costumes. Raises eyebrow at my ‘feedback.’ Smirks twice. Nods four times.

Promising.

Brushes photos aside. Spins legal pad around. Scowls at list of names. Taps pad.

“Charade,” she announces. “We can make that one work. Costigan will hate it.”

Upside? Downside? Surprisingly hard to tell.

“I’ll get fabrication on something you can try out by tomorrow. Put it through the paces, please.” She turns back to the door. “In the meantime, I authorized YouTube during your free time this afternoon. Enjoy the show.”

And… gone.

Except for the business card she left on the table.

[Many, MANY thanks to Mike for the awesome picture of Special Agent Parker.]

author: Doyce T.
url: Community Forums: The just-for-fun Alycia naming thread [Cutscene] [Prep] | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop

1 Like

Alycia leans back against the wall. Well, well.This Parker grup was acting all tough, but she led with carrots, not sticks. Sincere, or just trying to be the good cop after all the bad one’s they’ve blustered and droned at me with? Either way, I may be able to work with her. And, of course, around her. A smile._T__ally-ho.

Now, what the hell to watch on YouTube? Hmmm … that “Secret Scandals of AEGIS” documentary that Infowars lunatic did last year would get someone’s knickers in a twist, which would be damned amusing, but let’s not push too hard. I do want to be let out of here sometime soon. Maybe just some local news, demonstrate an investment in the community, that sort of thing. Must look like a good little prole to comfort the ones who think they’re running the show … though I’ll be damned if I’m going to start following their ‘sports’ team._

[Much fun, and nice intro. Not sure about the +44 country code, though. AEGIS routes all calls through the UK? That must discourage some crank callers from the US yelling about giant cats on their lawn. :slight_smile: ]

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6124098

*** Dave H. said:

[Much fun, and nice intro. Not sure about the +44 country code, though. AEGIS routes all calls through the UK? That must discourage some crank callers from the US yelling about giant cats on their lawn. :slight_smile: ]

She’s played by a younger Dame Judi Dench, who kept her old UK number. See also the last three digits.

author: Bill G.

Yeah that’s interesting isn’t it? :slight_smile:

I was actually going for an older Hayley Atwell, but Dame Judi Dench works just fine also. :slight_smile:

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6124110

If I were Alycia, I’d be DEEPLY concerned over either an older Hayley Atwell or a younger Judi Dench. Fortunately (for the eventual drama/hilarity), this is one of the few areas where Alycia’s not as smart as I am.

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6124155

Doyce T. said:

I was actually going for an older Hayley Atwell, but Dame Judi Dench works just fine also. :slight_smile:

I will not spin out an exhaustive fan theory about how "M"argaret “Peggy” Carter went on to a very productive career at MI-6. I will not further suggest that Alycia had an intriguing encounter with one of their junior agents (who was himself in pursuit of Russian infiltrator “Jenny Byrne”), who might make an appearance in town (along with Jenny?) now that Alycia has reappeared.

Bill G. said:

I will not spin out an exhaustive fan theory about how "M"argaret “Peggy” Carter went on to a very productive career at MI-6. I will not further suggest that Alycia had an intriguing encounter with one of their junior agents (who was himself in pursuit of Russian infiltrator “Jenny Byrne”), who might make an appearance in town (along with Jenny?) now that Alycia has reappeared.

Cue the Monty Norman / John Barry music …

Bill G. said:

Okay, that was enough to create an actual Jenny Byrne entry in the wiki (as, shockingly, I’d forgotten about her). Though not with any exhaustive fan theories about her.

(I’ve been doing some wiki catch up this week – there is also an official entry for the Monkey with a Hat.)

*** Dave H. said:

Now, what the hell to watch on YouTube?

Alycia closes the annoyingly secure chromebook.

_Well. Interesting. Nice little introduction to the team.
_
Part of her wants to put team in air quotes, but … _No. They are. Hot mess, the lot of them, but definitely a team.

Still, really helps a girl get over opening night jitters.
_
She gives a sour little smirk. And trust a Quill to take an amusing little dig and answer it seriously. Time travel? Really? Like he doesn’t have enough problems.

Hee!

url: https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6127528

Doyce T. said:

She gives a sour little smirk. And trust a Quill to take an amusing little dig and answer it seriously. Time travel? Really? Like he doesn’t have enough problems.

I now worry that Leo and Alycia are going to bond over insulting Jason.

“Has that guy always been useless at romance, or what?” “Oh yes, he went on a date with a Russian spy and didn’t even notice.” “And that hoverdisc? Honestly.” “Oh god, that thing. At one point it had exhaust cowling mounted so the whole thing looked like a ‘Q’ from the air. Give me a microlight aircraft or glider for stealthy infiltration any day.”

Bill G. said:

I now worry that Leo and Alycia are going to bond over insulting Jason.

“Has that guy always been useless at romance, or what?” “Oh yes, he went on a date with a Russian spy and didn’t even notice.” “And that hoverdisc? Honestly.” “Oh god, that thing. At one point it had exhaust cowling mounted so the whole thing looked like a ‘Q’ from the air. Give me a microlight aircraft or glider for stealthy infiltration any day.”

I have such incredible mixed feelings about this. :slight_smile:

In retrospect, I’m a bit surprised Alycia didn’t go for “Fury.” Particularly as a Greek reference.

That would have set a very different trajectory in her talks with Summer, I think.

1 Like

This would just be more fuel for Jason trying to name his next supers team the Argonauts. :wink:

1 Like

“That’s perfect! I was thinking, if I ever create a new super team, I could call them ‘Jason and the Argonauts.’ It would --”

“Stop.”

“Get it? Jason and the --”

“I get it. Never mind.”

“What do you mean, never mind? It’s a great idea.”

“I changed my mind.”

“You can’t! It’s perfect! It’ll be just like that movie, with Ray Harry–”

“I changed my mind. I never made up my mind. I was throwing out ideas. I was pretending. It’s all been a big charade. Never mind.”

“A charade?”

“Yes.”

“That’s even more awesome!”

“What?”

“Romantic comedy! Witty banter! And everyone could be named after a different Hitchcock film! I could be --”

“Forget it. I’m going back to the White Room. I’ll let Parker pick a number for me. That’ll be … easier.”