The Pandimensional Pandemoniac Menagerie Sleepover

Inclusiveness, and more picking on Jason.

2 Likes

Any opinions on the choice of movies?

1 Like

“So, y’know … I was thinking …”

“Yes?”

“Well, I mean, drive-in theater, it’s kind of a cliche, but …”

“Yes?”

“You know nobody goes to a drive-in to actually watch the movie, right? Unless they have kids in the car.”

“Are you suggesting we should have invited some of the Minis along?”

“No, I --”

“Are you suggesting that I might not be interested in watching this film?”

“I – hadn’t really thought …”

“Are you suggesting we should engage in making out?”

“I was sort of thinking that we might --”

“With no covering, on this not terribly comfortable bench seat, and with every other Otto version and their occupants having us in clear view?”

“Ugh. Well, when you put it that way --”

“Sounds like … an interesting challenge.”

I think you’ve definitely found the right film for Alycia to enjoy.

0:15 “Ho-hum. If I wanted mook training films, I’d have hacked into that archival AEGIS footage.”
0:37 “Okay, that was an interesting move.”
0:51 “Okay, this is a fake. Clearly. A fake.”
1:13 (Starts taking notes.)

It’s at this point Pneumaverse Leo discreetly knocks on the Q-disc and says “she doesn’t have to see you to know where you are. Please be considerate.”

1 Like

More comics due tomorrow.

There will be a fifth universe at some point. Anyone want to suggest a particularly compelling alternate Menagerie arrangement? I can work out the details of how it happened as needed.

1 Like

I mean, I won’t say no to Menagerie Noir.

1 Like

I’ve got a way two ways for that to happen!

Any other suggestions? Dave or Doyce as well?

That film clip / character intro always makes me laugh. If Menagerie Noir is what Bill meant by “arrangement,” I’m in.

It does call to mind all sorts of images, though I’m sure Bill’s already got something in mind (and within the bounds of the cartooning software). Leo’s definitely got that hard-hitting private detective fists-of-justice vibe. Aria and Summer as matching gun molls. Harry as the cub reporter who always gets to the story first. Alycia as that 30s femme fatale role (or even as the dragon lady sort, if that can be done unproblematically). Jason as the somewhat naive university type (tweed coat and pipe included). (On the other hand, I can imagine Jason and Alycia as a Green Hornet pulp sort of pair, too.)

Otto as a roadster, with running boards for his people to ride on into action, would alone worth the price of admission.

1 Like

Tragically the software doesn’t do fedoras so it’ll be half assed, but I’ll do Noirnagerie.

It’s 10pm y’all!

1 Like

Real estate deals are magic.

1 Like

How many scifi references can you catch?

2 Likes

Time to fit all these references into a story. :grin:

2 Likes

The answers for the second question are mostly guesses but…

2 Likes

The plot continues, on the other side.

2 Likes

Summer plays for high stakes with her trump card, Mini’lycia.

2 Likes

The Miniverse boys give their opinion.

1 Like

Yeah, that definitely works. The only alternative would be him giving her a vintage vortex blaster for her 18th birthday. (Which was called to mind because in the first draft of the Office Space story, he had mounted a vortex blaster on the wall of her new office, until I remembered that other story.)

I like both of both of their answers, really. And it’s another good example of the subtle differences between the two Alycias.

1 Like

But the two Alycias do share their respective answers with each other, later, off where nobody else can hear … and each feels secretly relieved that they didn’t come up with something nearly as sappy.

1 Like