11.8 - Loose Change

Case File: Anna Acharya, aka “Poly-Anna”
GPA: ███
Relatives: ██████████████████████████████
Criminal Record: none

Subject lacks a criminal record, despite convincing evidence that she has been involved in a few altercations or acts of vandalism. Ongoing surveillance and neutralization planning was approved based on the scope and nature of her powers.

Subject’s superpower is “Class A Biokinesis”. Subject is capable of changing her appearance and physical abilities, mimicking the appearance of other people, or adopting powerful or monstrous forms. In short, she would make a near-perfect infiltrator and operator, able to get in or out of secure areas and move about freely within them.

See attached notes for a psychological assessment.

“While we didn’t have direct surveillance for a long time, the anecdotes we do have paint a fairly clear picture.”

“Fortunately Anna was well socialized prior to her powers’ emergence. She used her abilities mostly to torment other children in middle school, but also to get revenge on bullies who hurt her friends, as a child at that age might do. Some time after Thanksgiving, her behavior changed abruptly.”

“I believe that around this time, she adopted the appearance of a popular girl at school, ████████, and during that time overheard some very candid comments about herself. Hurtful gossip, or something along those lines. This was followed by a few days of acting out, along with injuries to two boys - though they did not require hospitalization.”

“After that, Anna became more outspoken and blunt. She would use her powers to tease and mock, but there’s no indication that she engaged in systematic impersonation of other people past this point.”

“Oh, would some Power give us the gift / To see ourselves as others see us! / It would from many a blunder free us, / And foolish notion”

3 Likes
  1. Someone needs to add links to these very fine posts to the classroom chart. (I am happy to do so, but can’t right at the moment.)

2. Robert Burns!

O wad some Pow’r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An’ foolish notion ….

To A Louse, On Seeing One On A Lady’s Bonnet, At Church” (1786)

I finally did this, a month later. :smiley:

1 Like