General Scheduling Thread

Checked with the family and I am good for tonight at 6 p.m. mountain. Will attempt to get my technological ducks in a row.

1 Like

If you need someone to test something with, let me know.

Of course, as soon as I say that…

UPDATE: The real humor is they just posted this an hour ago. Nice of them to do it, but I’m betting someone made a mistake with this change.

3 Likes

I expect they’ll be online in time for game. Investigation to diagnosis took 30 minutes, it shouldn’t take too much time to make something happen at their scale.

Can anyone with better search-fu find the HHL roster post that we original put together for the old game? I need to clone it into 616 for mutation purposes.

As a head’s up, last night after I went to bed I started having a severe tooth ache which woke me up. Called a dentist for an emergency appointment and have come out finding I’m going to need emergency surgery to have some teeth removed.

Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning. According to the doctor I should be alright by Wednesday, but just in case I can’t make it for whatever reason, just wanted to give you guys advanced warning.

3 Likes

Hope everything goes smoothly!

3 Likes

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Best of luck, and sorry to hear you have to wait that long.

2 Likes

For tomorrow, I’d like to try Google Meet for a little bit. Mostly because after you connect, you can reconnect and say “use my phone for audio” or just call in right away. It should help with our audio quality? Here’s hoping.

Join Hangouts Meet
meet.google.com/xqx-fyfr-sxy
Join by phone
+1 443-892-2764 (PIN: 425883655)
2 Likes

My main hurdle here is how to (a) use a phone for audio, while still (b) capturing the audio on my PC.

No idea how the end result works out, but this might be worth investigating.

1 Like

Our plan is to start off dialing in as normal (to the Meet), and then drop back to phone connection as needed.

Got a new router at the house, which is giving my main PC about 10 times the mbps as what I was getting before via wifi.

(I’m drooling over my wife’s (cabled) desktop getting 880mbps, but I’ve got a few weeks before I can get a cable to my office.)

In any case, my connection SHOULD be a lot better tonight, so I’m going to try to use Discord for voice chat tonight (the long-established norm), and keep Google Meet as an emergency alternative.

4 Likes

So I don’t think it was explicitly stated, but I am assuming that, after Saturday, we are still. on on for Wednesday.

3 Likes

Sounds right to me.

1 Like

Just because I’ve had a rough week and want to make sure I’m up to date with all the zaniness, I summon @doyce to ask if we are playing tonight.

3 Likes

Yes!

4 Likes

Time to start digging through the notes from the previous sessions.
101681-1532336916

1 Like

Hello all.

After a day of deliberation, I’m going to call for a raincheck, with regrets.

Put simply, I haven’t really seen Kaylee since last week, and after tonight I won’t see her again until Monday, so while I know I’d enjoy the game, I’d also resent not spending the evening with family.

I love you guys, but Kaylee wins out on this one. Sorry. :confused:

4 Likes