General Scheduling Thread

So I don’t think it was explicitly stated, but I am assuming that, after Saturday, we are still. on on for Wednesday.

3 Likes

Sounds right to me.

1 Like

Just because I’ve had a rough week and want to make sure I’m up to date with all the zaniness, I summon @doyce to ask if we are playing tonight.

3 Likes

Yes!

4 Likes

Time to start digging through the notes from the previous sessions.
101681-1532336916

1 Like

Hello all.

After a day of deliberation, I’m going to call for a raincheck, with regrets.

Put simply, I haven’t really seen Kaylee since last week, and after tonight I won’t see her again until Monday, so while I know I’d enjoy the game, I’d also resent not spending the evening with family.

I love you guys, but Kaylee wins out on this one. Sorry. :confused:

4 Likes

Family should always come first.

2 Likes

While I will miss having the game tonight and hanging out with everyone, I will not turn down a couple extra hours of free time when work can best be described as “three weeks worth of work needing to be wrapped up in one week.”

3 Likes

So, hey, how things going with everyone tonight?

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

So next week (starting the 10th) is when I start my overnight schedule. However, in an odd fluke of timing, I don’t think I have anything to do Wednesday night. I need to double check to be certain, but that means I should likely not miss next week’s game.

The following week (taking place on the 19th) probably isn’t as fortunate. That one I will have to miss and possibly the 26th (that week hasn’t been decided yet).

2 Likes

With Margie, James, and Mike out, it’s a great week to be having sufficient Internet issues here that I’ve got a techie coming over tomorrow. So if there were thoughts of a stub game of some sorts, I will have to bow out because, damn.

2 Likes

This is the week to make sure everyone’s tech works, and or catch up on forum shenanigans.

2 Likes

Well, Xfinity Acolyte has come and gone, superfluous splitters and amps added by past Xfinity Acolytes now banished to the uttermost darkness, Magic Numbers now within the Sacred Bounds Appointed by the Xfinite Sages, so we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a good suggestion for diagnostics software that does a deep query of the hardware in a system? Motherboard, memory, that kind of thing?

I’ve long since passed the point where I’d just try to reinstall the OS, but the board is set up in some way linux finds unworkable, and Windows 10 won’t do a fresh install over an existing one for some beknighted reason (won’t even show c: as a valid install location).

I’m at my wit’s and patience’s end on the PC problems I’m experiencing. About to replace to fancy Dell gaming rig with this.

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

No diagnostic in the world will help if the results can’t be turned into a plan of action though. For example, if there’s a legit hardware fault, there’s probably no easy fix at home. In such a case, switching to a different machine might just be better.

True, but if I’m getting an error on a memory module or something I can replace it.

Yeah, I’m just saying don’t feel compelled to go down the rabbit hole if an easy/obvious fix doesn’t present itself :slight_smile:

There’s a DevOps concept called “pets vs. cattle”. You treat your personal hardware like a pet - you want to keep it as it is, and nurture it, and all that great stuff. Cattle, on the other hand, are interchangeable and replaceable. It’s okay to not go full pet even on your home PCs.

My problem is mostly all the pets I have ON the cow. It’s a bit of an ecosystem.

Hardware all looks fine. I need to reinstall.