General Scheduling Thread

Just double-checking that we are go for tomorrow night. Sounds like that’s a yes

1 Like

I can’t get to Google calendar from work (grumble), but I will update when I can.

SO:

• wife is out of town this coming Monday for gets-to-go-to-a-film-set-and-watch-one-of-her-authors-books-getting-made reasons.
  • Kaylee’s new swim schedule means I’m going to be driving to pick her up from 8pm to 9pm Monday night.
  • Normally I would just say “okay this is silly let’s just call the game next week,” BUT I’m also out of town the following week, which would be two weeks off with a game we’re already a little shakey with.

SO, options:

1. Call the game; it’s silly to be running around like that and trying to make anything happen. We’ll pick up in a couple weeks, it’s fine.
  2. Start up the game about 9:15 mountain time, for an hour-and-change, to at least do downtime activities and set up the next thing.

Thoughts?

@Dave @garrett @insomn14

I think the most realistic expectation is that if you’re not going to be home until 9PM and your wife is out of town, it’ll be 9:30-45 before you’re ready to run the game and by that time I’m already starting to drift most evenings.

Calling the game for next week is an unfortunate but probably least hectic option.

Assuming no other weekdays presently work (Tue and Thu work next week for @margie and me), I’d say be dark two weeks.

No game tonight, correct?

That’s my understanding from the thread, yeah.

Well, that would explain why nobody is on.

(I remember that discussion. I just didn’t clear it off our calendar.)

Eh, I’m alternately watching Netflix and doing more goofy comics, so I’m covered.

Apologies for the confusion!

We are also dark next week, due to being on the road.

No apologies needed. The confusion was … well, not just mine, but I should have updated the calendar at the time. I have done so for next week. :slight_smile:

I chalk it up less to confusion on my part and more that I can’t remember anything for more than a few hours, especially when I’m dealing with all sorts of sinus issues (which meant not running the game Monday was a plus for me).

We are on for tonight.

To do: Downtime following last mission. Entanglements from same. Kay has a commitment to a smuggler friend of theirs…

1 Like

I believe it’s “Kei” (if only to avoid any more player/character confusion than still occasionally pops up in my head). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Monday night regular game is definitely not going to happen. Won’t be back to the house until about 9.

I have a thought/suggestion, but I need to see if it’s even possible first. more to come.

Okay, here are tomorrow night’s options:

1. Nothing. Take a nap.
  2. We play For the Queen - it’s a GMless storytelling game that plays in about an hour or so, if it’s set up right. I’ve got it all set up in Roll20. We’d probably be able to start by 9:15 at the latest, so we should be able to wrap it up within the normal time frame.

I’m okay skipping a week, I can catch up on work and sleep.

I’m good regardless. I’m on vacation and while I’d love to get some gaming in, I know I can find other things to fill the time.

Argh. For whatever reason, I didn’t see this …

We are good for a 1 hour game starting at 9-9:15ish on this end of things.

We can also skip, if need be.

UPDATE: If it is a pretty hard 60-90 minute thing, that is. Margie’s running on a sleep deficit.

I will also poke the Boy to get his feedback.