Home Room

In the interest of keeping this rolling, I’ll leap in. (People on their turn can also feel free to fill in details for NPCs established in Issue 1: Hunter, Vic, etc.)

4d = Jillian Aris - “Macaron” - Star - She/Her

1. @fragolakat - What does she do to keep herself famous?
  2. @insomn14 - Who in class did she turn down for a date at last year’s Prom?

Follow-up question for Mette re: Kid Kool. You’ve heard all about KK from someone on your old homeship. KK is their ancestor. How does that predispose you to them, and why?

(I’m going to fill in question with anyone where I think we’re missing a couple “pointed at other people” answers.)

Let’s pause adding new names for a second. I want to get Hot Mess and Nono in, and leave a few empties. We’ve got undefined people to fill in questions on.

Bill: playbooks for Hot Mess and Nono? Delinquent and Brain? No idea.

Do still answer questions posed by Dave et all, those who’ve had them posed.

1 Like

Hunter and he hasn’t gotten over it. It fit the “jock dude/popular girl” stereotype so well in his mind, but she’s just not into that.

Delinquent and Beacon, per this post from awhile back. 1337 was the Brain of that team, but makes a neat Soldier here.

1 Like

She posts TikToks of herself using her powers. Her most popular video is one where she yells about the proper pronunciation of her name. “It isn’t a macaron like macaroni. It’s macarrrrooon, Stacey. God.” It has since become a meme, with people posting videos where they roll the r for as long as possible, and teens everywhere say “It’s macarrrrrroooon, Stacey.”

3 Likes

2 Likes

So, alternate universe, and the Beacon playbook is already taken. What’s up in the 616 AU?

1 Like

Is she a transfer student? Latina? Other?

(Is she AU Superchica?)

@insomn14 You first introduced Gothwitch, and I’m going to GM my way in here and say we’ve established a strong she/her vibe, but tell us about her playbook.

Also: What about her has made you, umm… pay attention to her, long before you dropped into her family’s q-mobile?

Second question to @garrett - what’s the thing about the intel you/AEGIS have on Gothwitch that legitimately surprised you?

1 Like

Brain, then. She’ll undoubtedly have a Shame around fire or chemistry gone badly.

She fought a vicious spectral creature - maybe a supervillain, maybe just something - that was preying on mortal grief. Under any other circumstances this is something you’d brag about, but she’s never ever said a word of it in public.

2 Likes

Quoth Margie:

The person on the ship is Staci Olav, part of the science community. She’s okay for a topsider, really smart, but self-focused. So wouldn’t mind being KK’s lab partner, but expect him to not be a great conversationlist.

2 Likes

I definitely intended Latina. Hmm. Sure. Make her AU Superchica. Tends to dress/costume in pastels, though.

1 Like

She’s the Janus. She has some abilities all the time (enough to pass for a low-level super) but to access her full power, she needs to transform into Crisis Sorceress: Amethyst Fairy, a magical girl. And she hates that. Hates it so much. She’s also not the first Crisis Sorceress, so there’s all that baggage she’s trying to avoid.

Roddy’s got a crush on her. But it’s not “part of the mission” so he is kind of a dunce about it.

3 Likes

Now I cannot think of her any way other than this.

4 Likes

While I don’t think the questions we ask need to be as “feral” as Monsterhearts calls for, I think it’s okay to ask some questions with at least some bite. For example, here’s a list someone on the Masks discord compiled, of 100 dumb teenage drama moves.

The list can be used for a lot of things, but an easy one is to roll d100 and go from there. For example, I rolled 25, and got “paint, egg, or sugar up someone’s car”. I could then ask “The student at that seat messed with another student’s car. Whose, and what happened?”

4 Likes

I will never be able to :heart: this enough. This was everything I was hoping for with her and so much more. Your other answer was icing on a raimbow cake.

2 Likes

So, who/what next? (Trying to keep the ball rolling here.)

Sorry. I lost internet for awhile. Next one incoming.