Home Room

She posts TikToks of herself using her powers. Her most popular video is one where she yells about the proper pronunciation of her name. “It isn’t a macaron like macaroni. It’s macarrrrooon, Stacey. God.” It has since become a meme, with people posting videos where they roll the r for as long as possible, and teens everywhere say “It’s macarrrrrroooon, Stacey.”

3 Likes

2 Likes

So, alternate universe, and the Beacon playbook is already taken. What’s up in the 616 AU?

1 Like

Is she a transfer student? Latina? Other?

(Is she AU Superchica?)

@insomn14 You first introduced Gothwitch, and I’m going to GM my way in here and say we’ve established a strong she/her vibe, but tell us about her playbook.

Also: What about her has made you, umm… pay attention to her, long before you dropped into her family’s q-mobile?

Second question to @garrett - what’s the thing about the intel you/AEGIS have on Gothwitch that legitimately surprised you?

1 Like

Brain, then. She’ll undoubtedly have a Shame around fire or chemistry gone badly.

She fought a vicious spectral creature - maybe a supervillain, maybe just something - that was preying on mortal grief. Under any other circumstances this is something you’d brag about, but she’s never ever said a word of it in public.

2 Likes

Quoth Margie:

The person on the ship is Staci Olav, part of the science community. She’s okay for a topsider, really smart, but self-focused. So wouldn’t mind being KK’s lab partner, but expect him to not be a great conversationlist.

2 Likes

I definitely intended Latina. Hmm. Sure. Make her AU Superchica. Tends to dress/costume in pastels, though.

1 Like

She’s the Janus. She has some abilities all the time (enough to pass for a low-level super) but to access her full power, she needs to transform into Crisis Sorceress: Amethyst Fairy, a magical girl. And she hates that. Hates it so much. She’s also not the first Crisis Sorceress, so there’s all that baggage she’s trying to avoid.

Roddy’s got a crush on her. But it’s not “part of the mission” so he is kind of a dunce about it.

3 Likes

Now I cannot think of her any way other than this.

4 Likes

While I don’t think the questions we ask need to be as “feral” as Monsterhearts calls for, I think it’s okay to ask some questions with at least some bite. For example, here’s a list someone on the Masks discord compiled, of 100 dumb teenage drama moves.

The list can be used for a lot of things, but an easy one is to roll d100 and go from there. For example, I rolled 25, and got “paint, egg, or sugar up someone’s car”. I could then ask “The student at that seat messed with another student’s car. Whose, and what happened?”

4 Likes

I will never be able to :heart: this enough. This was everything I was hoping for with her and so much more. Your other answer was icing on a raimbow cake.

2 Likes

So, who/what next? (Trying to keep the ball rolling here.)

Sorry. I lost internet for awhile. Next one incoming.

First: @garrett would you drop Hot Mess and Nono into the seating chart as you see fit? And can you link the fics that focus on their characters? I know we’re AU, but I want a head start on getting them right.

WHOEVER INTRODUCED PROBLEM CHILD to the class: give us some deets, please: names, pronouns, powers/playbook, please. (Or if it was a joke, just lemme know and we’ll zap them.)

Problem Child questions will be for @Dave and whoever came up with them.

1 Like

The entire Hot Mess story is tagged here.

The two things I’d want someone to read are Emma’s introduction, and Dinosaur Island.

Key Emma/Hot Mess themes:

• Pyrokinetic Harley Quinn
  • Pretty competent villain
  • Total disregard for societal expectations
  • More thoughtful than she seems

Key Nono themes:

• Lonely troubled teenager
  • Actual attention management issues
  • Brilliant at chemistry
  • Hidden strengths
3 Likes

If you need one of them to do something here’s a 1d6 oracle.

Emma 1: starts a fight; 2: talks shit about someone; 3: decides someone is her rival; 4: embroils a student in her schemes; 5: brings outside trouble to the school; 6: exposes a dark secret about a heroic student

Nono 1: writes fanfic about someone; 2: has to shut Emma’s latest shenanigans down; 3: needs a confidence boost about something; 4: acts as wingwoman or confidante to someone in need; 5: gushes enthusiastically about something weird; 6: has an episode and needs to be pulled out of it

2 Likes

While we’re on that, here’s some more.

Roy 1: gives some folksy but useful advice; 2: exaggerates a story while downplaying his own role in it; 3: is a little too honest for his own good; 4: accidentally breaks something, but apologizes sheepishly; 5: disappears for long stretches of time, asks for homework coverage; 6: intervenes in a fight in a rapid, brutal fashion

I marked him as a Scion. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Let it be noted. Coooool.

1 Like

Just to be transparent, I’m trying to work one student a time so we can build off what’s already gone in a bit. I’ve got lots of questions - enough to fire off stuff at everyone about EVERYONE, but if I did that everything would kind of be in a silo.

3 Likes