Home Room

While we’re on that, here’s some more.

Roy 1: gives some folksy but useful advice; 2: exaggerates a story while downplaying his own role in it; 3: is a little too honest for his own good; 4: accidentally breaks something, but apologizes sheepishly; 5: disappears for long stretches of time, asks for homework coverage; 6: intervenes in a fight in a rapid, brutal fashion

I marked him as a Scion. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Let it be noted. Coooool.

1 Like

Just to be transparent, I’m trying to work one student a time so we can build off what’s already gone in a bit. I’ve got lots of questions - enough to fire off stuff at everyone about EVERYONE, but if I did that everything would kind of be in a silo.

3 Likes

Not to immediately bring up another character but…

I had a thought of Vic being a Joined with Hunter. Lots of drama there.

3 Likes

Which completely changes the dynamic of their hallway confrontation in a nifty and weird way.

3 Likes

Okay, let me play the Oracle game. If you need to seed her doing something, roll 1d6

Jillian:

1. Makes snarky comments about a situation on a Tiktok or Instagram.
  2. Tells stories about her popularity (up side or down side).
  3. Begins to treat someone like they are her BFF.
  4. Makes a surprisingly insightful emotional observation.
  5. Helps someone with a difficulty they are facing.
  6. Assumes (rightly or wrongly) someone is hitting on her and shuts them down.
2 Likes

So, who is the current star? (Just to keep the ball rolling after I side tracked stuff)

1 Like

I think it is whoever put in “Problem Child” (which is presumably @garrett or @insomn14, since it wasn’t anyone here).

1 Like

Go fish

1 Like

:eyes:

Mike might still be under the weather for a bit, so let’s shift to a different student.

HOT MESS:

@garrett What did Emma really mess up this summer, what evidence did they fake to get someone else in trouble for it (who was it, btw), and why haven’t you told anyone?

@Dave what did Emma do for your (either at this school or your last) that was nice for you, and didn’t ask for anything in return? (Yet)

I thought Margie was the one who came up with Problem Child.

1 Like

During an assembly early in the year, Joe was being quietly heckled with whispered “Hey, monkey!” “Wanna banana?” and similar witticisms from a couple of older kids. Before he could lose his temper and done something that would have gone down on his record, Emma, sitting next to them, stood up, and yelled at them in a loud voice, “You calling him a monkey? You’re monkeys! We’re all monkeys! You’re the just rudest monkeys here!”

It got her in trouble (for interrupting the Headmaster’s address), and embarrassed Joe mightily, but it also quieted down that particular line of insult (the taunters ended up having a long talk with the Headmaster as well, which left them visibly shaken as well as saddled with a 75 page paper on hominid genetics), and Joe was quietly touched that she did it.

3 Likes

Emma and Nono went to the beach. Emma decided to take over a food hut after it closed down for the day, accidentally blew it up, and pinned the blame on Hunter Duncan via fake social-media postings (because of course everyone would think that guy did something bad). Alex says nothing because either Emma or Hunter might need a favor and Alex wants leverage.

1 Like

You thought correctly. I was lied to by @fragolakat. Quoth @Margie :

Problem Child

Paul Grey - Reformed (barely) - he/him
Power set: low level brick. A JD who, in Juvie, got enough of a tough love treatment to get set (mostly) on the straight and narrow.

Questions:

1. Why did Sgt. SURGE “sponsor” him into the Academy? (Dave)
  2. Who does he know in class from “the old days,” before his his time in juvie? (@garrett)
1 Like

Okay, we’re on Problem Child. I might have a follow up question to Margie’s.

Also this implies PC is in the “Clean Slate” program. Which I am down for.

1 Like

Sarge also does some sports/gym work with disadvantaged youth in Halcyon, work at the local Y, etc. He didn’t know Paul specifically, but had seen kids recruited by the villain Special Educator before, and was happy to help sponsor in a Clean Slate kid who broke away from her (esp. as he’s a Clean Slate member himself).

1 Like

It’s gotta be Emma, and he assumes she’s here on Clean Slate as well (whether she is or not is up for debate). Unlike a lot of other JDs, Emma got actual training from a professional adult villain and he knows this.

3 Likes

While Paul was also recruited by a professional adult villain, he wasn’t being trained as a protege the way Emma was (as I recall), but simply serving as a thug / mook.

2 Likes