Home Room

She took me to a cooking class that was open to the public, were we learned to make an omelet. Chris was amazing at chopping up the vegetables, and she told me about how her family raised chickens back home. It was awesome learning about future cooking, and we agreed to do it again sometime.

3 Likes

@dave Who sits directly in front of Joe. Name(s), playbook, pronouns. Why is their seating in class totally horrible, from your point of view?

@insomn14 What is 2Kick’s coolest power/ability and why does it seem SO much cooler than what you do?

@garrett Who’s that, sitting directly to your left, and why do they make you walking-on-eggshells, disarming-a-bomb edgy?

@fragolakat 2Kick was taken from Earth and made into some kind of interstellar holy warrior, so… nothing do with YOU, but… something about them seemed SO intensely familiar. You finally figured it out in gym class last week. What was it?

So… I just found a draft post that I thought I’d posted and which apparently never went up into this thread.

ANYWAY, what I said was

So I think it’s clear that some time IN school has to have happened for you guys you have had the interactions we’ve included.

What I’m inclined to do is basically jump us forward into Sophomore year three or four weeks when we start session 2, but if anyone has any other cool ideas for getting us that shared history among sophomore cohort 1B in some other fashion (many of you were also freshmen?), I’m all ears.

3 Likes

Evtenefel “Evan” Daystarson, Outsider, he/him

The guy says he’s from an enchanted realm, a prince of the Fae, and he is so drop-dead gorgeous (and clever, and well-spoken) that he makes every other guy in class look bad, which means I look particularly hideous. And when people turn to look at him, I’m … right … there.

(In answer to the “Why did you come to Earth?” playbook question, Evan smiles winningly and says, “My father lost an enchanted grove somewhere around here. I thought I’d find it for him.”)

3 Likes

Joe:

1 Like

Poly-Anna (she/her, Nova), aka Anna Acharya, who has biokinesis. She can “polymorph”, or change her own shape, disguising herself as anything or anyone, or adopt a monstrous combat-capable form. Once she starts transforming herself, she gets really into it, and tends not to let things like “property damage” or “the villain is defeated” get in her way.

That’s scary enough. But every time Alex glances over, she looks like this:

Oh and there’s the small detail that if she ever turned out to be a villain, she’d be pretty hard to track for AEGIS, and Alex has been tasked with solving this problem.

3 Likes

Quoth @Margie:

Wouldn’t call it smitten, but Nono went out of her way to be nice to me, but not in any creepy or uncomfortable way – in fact, very sensitive to my feelings and comfort level.

2 Likes

2Kick has a peculiar way of moving, as though she isn’t quite stable. Kiln finally figured out that she moves like Mette, being not quite used to Earth’s gravity.

3 Likes

@fragolakat The “kid” in 2b 1B makes you sad. Tell us about them.

@dave Poly-Anna is fascinating to you, given your condition. You’re lab partners in Science. How’s THAT going?

@garrett Daystarson: Kiss/Marry/Kill? (The guy just does NOT generate indifferent reactions.) Who in class knows which box you’d tick?

@Margie Someone in class asked you about your old life and, for some stupid reason, your face got all hot and you - somehow, again you’re not really sure WHY - told them you were one of the beautiful genius supermodel scientists. (Which technically didn’t even exist.) Who were you trying to impress? Did it work?

2b? You mean Vic?

Erp. Sorry! 1B. The last empty seat.

1 Like

I mean, sure! She can turn into a monster – and turn back to normal again! I mean, if I could – if –

Anyway, we’re lab partners. And I keep trying to ask her questions about her powers, but not too obviously, because – kind of embarrassing. But she keeps asking me about … well, me. What it feels like, what I can do, how cool do I feel when I let go, which is both cool and scary, but she’s not interested in the scary parts, just in the being really powerful, and that’s what she likes to talk about.

Which is kinda cool. And kinda scary.

1 Like

Dude, it’s fine. She’s just Purelling up, like the CDC wants us to do.

We rolled a 6 for him, so: Alex thinks he’s Fey Wray who’s too pretty and likable to be likable, and distrusts him on general principle. “Plus we can’t track someone like that, we have no leverage, it’s just a bad situation all around from a security standpoint.”

Probably Joe knows, because of their proximity - Alex is one of the people in class who’d look back in that direction and scowl at Evanrude, but not at Joe. How does Joe feel about that?

1 Like

Since Joe keeps frowning at people’s glamoured pleasant reactions to Evan (which doesn’t help the comparison between them), there’s probably been a “I’m frowning at him, they’re frowning at him, our eyes meet, and we both give a little firm nod” moment.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So new thread is still sitting out there. If Hailey needs to be changed, we can certainly do that. Otherwise, I still have a couple of questions about her outstanding.

Let’s give #1 to @Margie and #2 to @garrett, please.

Okay, at this point I have one question answer pending from Mike, two for Margie (blush, and the Kick2 question), one for Garret (also Kick2), and @fragolakat is populating 1B with our last student, either a newborn (learning ‘right’ behavior from this class of dumpster fires) or innocent (for more time-travel goodness).

Once we have 1B, we’ll have Dave answer a final question about whoever that is, and then we are good, I think.

1 Like

Hailey is friends with Chris, which is weird for two reasons. When the heck did they meet, and why is someone who was part of a “Blessed Army” even on speaking terms with someone whose code name is “Hellblade”?

3 Likes