Home Room

He was caught breaking into the school’s computer system (no mean feat). Interestingly, it was in the student information database, not the (more usual to try) gradebook system. There is no sign of anything being changed, or even what data was looked at; Vic claimed he just wanted to check on a friend’s birthday, but declined to say more. He was on probation the rest of the school year, but apparently kept his nose clean and was plausibly contrite.

1 Like

Hopefully without crowding things any, but since I wrote it down, I’ll throw in the occupant of 4e.

Hailey Turner - “2Kick” - Nomad - she/her

Kidnapped from Earth at 10 with her girl scout troop, dragooned as a child soldier in the Blessed Army of the Most Beneficent Truth. Now gone AWOL and escaped back to her homeworld. Generally acts very blase and seen-it-all, but doesn’t talk about her experiences except in the most shallow fashion.

Questions (for whomever wants to field them, or whomever Doyce wants to tap):

1. One of our team said something offhand to her that provoked an unexpected reaction. What happened?

2. The weird thing is that she seems to be good friends with someone in class. Who, and why is it weird?

(Note: Hailey definitely wants that seat in the back by the door. That said, I just realized that Joe is, with the exception of the still unassigned seat in front of him (3d), surrounded by girls. That was not intentional on either of our parts, Joe’s or mine.)

3 Likes

I want to figure out if we can reconcile this with Margie’s presumed history/future. Thing is, if space travel and other societies are as common in 616 as they (presumably) were in menagerie-prime, then the whole ‘trapped on generation ships’ thing is challenging to reconcile.

We have one less chair than we have playbooks (due to Relic), so I was thinking that maybe Nomad’s just aren’t a thing. Thoughts?

EDIT: can we yank this into a new thread?

@fragolakat Hellblade (“please just call me Chris”) talked you into coming with her to an event in the city. “Something I really think you’d like.” You really did, or you REALLY didn’t. In either case, what was it, and where did that leave you with her?

@Dave what did Seven Year do in Applied Skills (aka: superheroing class) last week that really pissed you off, if you’re being honest.

@margie Why are you so smitten with Nono?

@insomn14 You’re really into heroes, but what about Hellblade’s powers seriously freaks you out?

@garrett You did a bit of your special poking around inside AEGIS when Seven Year showed up in class. What you found (or didn’t) was… disturbing. What was it?

He burst into tears when, during a lab/exercise, his body’s partial invisibility shifted into a particularly hideous configuration. And Joe had been feeling particularly down that day and seeing someone in objectively worse of a situation, and drawing sympathy due to his tears, pissed Joe off. Though he would never say that out loud, and simply instead got even crankier.

1 Like

The experiment was a continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment, run by a small group of researchers, engineers, and crazy people near Montauk who were willing to experiment on friends or family.

They do a lot of work with time, dimension, and phase-shifting border science, and may be involved in any of the time-related shenanigans going on in the game (Kiln, Mette, any Nomad we introduce, etc.)

1 Like

:eyes: Not that I don’t appreciate the softball question every now and then, but you’re asking what might freak someone out about a person with a cursed blade powered by the literal forces of Hell?

2 Likes

As a more serious answer, now that I’ve gotten that out of my system: even at her best, Chris’ heavy use of her powers come with some erratic, temporary, partial demonic transformations (horns, spiked teeth, scales, hooves) that are not simple “they appear” things: they grow and are a bit “body horror”-y (barring anyone’s reluctance for that sort of mental imagery) in how they appear. And it always, always makes Roddy want to lose his lunch when he sees it.

3 Likes

I suspect it’s not as cool/dark/sexy as in the comics.

As written she’s 4’1".

4 Likes

It’s all about the perspective shot.

2 Likes

We’ll get Margie and James’s answers and then do another question/seating blast.

She took me to a cooking class that was open to the public, were we learned to make an omelet. Chris was amazing at chopping up the vegetables, and she told me about how her family raised chickens back home. It was awesome learning about future cooking, and we agreed to do it again sometime.

3 Likes

@dave Who sits directly in front of Joe. Name(s), playbook, pronouns. Why is their seating in class totally horrible, from your point of view?

@insomn14 What is 2Kick’s coolest power/ability and why does it seem SO much cooler than what you do?

@garrett Who’s that, sitting directly to your left, and why do they make you walking-on-eggshells, disarming-a-bomb edgy?

@fragolakat 2Kick was taken from Earth and made into some kind of interstellar holy warrior, so… nothing do with YOU, but… something about them seemed SO intensely familiar. You finally figured it out in gym class last week. What was it?

So… I just found a draft post that I thought I’d posted and which apparently never went up into this thread.

ANYWAY, what I said was

So I think it’s clear that some time IN school has to have happened for you guys you have had the interactions we’ve included.

What I’m inclined to do is basically jump us forward into Sophomore year three or four weeks when we start session 2, but if anyone has any other cool ideas for getting us that shared history among sophomore cohort 1B in some other fashion (many of you were also freshmen?), I’m all ears.

3 Likes

Evtenefel “Evan” Daystarson, Outsider, he/him

The guy says he’s from an enchanted realm, a prince of the Fae, and he is so drop-dead gorgeous (and clever, and well-spoken) that he makes every other guy in class look bad, which means I look particularly hideous. And when people turn to look at him, I’m … right … there.

(In answer to the “Why did you come to Earth?” playbook question, Evan smiles winningly and says, “My father lost an enchanted grove somewhere around here. I thought I’d find it for him.”)

3 Likes

Joe:

1 Like

Poly-Anna (she/her, Nova), aka Anna Acharya, who has biokinesis. She can “polymorph”, or change her own shape, disguising herself as anything or anyone, or adopt a monstrous combat-capable form. Once she starts transforming herself, she gets really into it, and tends not to let things like “property damage” or “the villain is defeated” get in her way.

That’s scary enough. But every time Alex glances over, she looks like this:

Oh and there’s the small detail that if she ever turned out to be a villain, she’d be pretty hard to track for AEGIS, and Alex has been tasked with solving this problem.

3 Likes

Quoth @Margie:

Wouldn’t call it smitten, but Nono went out of her way to be nice to me, but not in any creepy or uncomfortable way – in fact, very sensitive to my feelings and comfort level.

2 Likes