Home Room

Pictures showing a variety of delinquent activities with a variety of delinquent kids, some of whom are on the Clean Slate program - and some who got rejected from it. Might be some underage drinking going on, for example, or power-assisted graffiti and vandalism.

Is Vic funding these activities to have bad-boy friends? Is he reaching out to people he hopes to bring to the side of law and order? We’re not sure, but it looks bad.

1 Like

Things I learned today …

1 Like

Just saying, btw, that I am finding this a fascinating group of people we’re coming up with, as defined by “Ooooh, wouldn’t it be cool to play them as a PC?”

Not that I have any desire to give up Joe, mind you, but I have a half-dozen further thoughts on most of them that I’d love to follow up on. :laughing:

2 Likes

At the same time, it can be easy to lose sight of the goal here, which is to build up relationships and situations for the PCs we do have. Past a certain point, more detail on an NPC doesn’t help with that.

2 Likes

True. That’s why I’m restraining myself from endless (but, yes, not-helpful) fanfic. Though I do have a “Joe talks about the kids in his class” post in mind once we’re done.

1 Like

Which is one reason I thought, today, thay maybe the transformed who’s a statue might better, since he DOES have something common with Joe, and makes a good foil/contrast? I dunno.

2 Likes

We’re waiting, I think, on a question about Vic to Mike, but he sounded pretty busy today, so I’m going to get a couple more questions going:

@Dave What is the thing about Nono that makes you legitimately nervous?

@Margie When did you realize Roy is stalking you? (“I have not” is a valid answer.)

@garrett There was a bonfire beach … thing that sort of spontaneously happened a few weeks before school. Why were you there, business, boredom, or pleasure? Who, surprisingly, tried to flirt with you, and was it predictably terrible or surprisingly … not … horrible.

1 Like

I’d defer to @Dave personally - do you like how either of the pitched Transformed ideas works as a foil for Joe?

1 Like

A combination of business and boredom - Alex knows that some students here keep in touch with juvenile delinquents with powers, or actual villains, and is basically AEGIS’s “our man in Panama” for Modern Generation villains. Beyond that though, eh, why not? It’s a change from staring at screens all the time.

Cristiana “Chris” Drake, aka “Hellblade” (Doomed playbook). A very short girl from the country who was cursed to wield an infernal blade, punishing evil, but at risk of falling to temptation and becoming a demon. She sits directly in front of Alex on the seating chart (I didn’t plan this, I rolled for it).

Alex’s NPC reaction roll was a 5, so they are probably uninterested. I mean, it’s great to hear about crop yields and wheat cross-pollination, but after the first 2 minutes, who cares? Still, Chris has it pretty rough, having just broken up with someone (so the flirting was just rebound anyway), and Alex wouldn’t mind helping her avoid demonic corruption and/or point her in the direction of an interested party.

2 Likes

There has been more than one time when I have said something, done something, and glanced at her … and she was writing something … and glancing at me … and writing more …

I mean, what’s with that?

1 Like

I am only aware of two names: Captain Marble, and Seven-Year. The former sounds like a living statue. The latter sounds like a curse of some sort. As a foil for Joe … I dunno. The latter sounds more dramatic.

In either case, someone living in a worse transformed (nay, even Doomed) state than Joe would create a conflict for his self-pity.

1 Like

Here’s the post. Click on each name to unfold their descriptions.

Quoth Margie:

Notice his attention the first week of school. She doesn’t have the concept of “stalking” (nobody stalks people of her class; in her class they just don’t do it, higher classes have more important things to do) but any attention of that sort makes her uncomfortable.

1 Like

Oh. Those were dropdowns, not bullets. Derp …

Sigh.

Okay, well, Seven-Year definitely has it worse, so that would be the biggest foil for Joe, if that’s what we are looking for.

1 Like

It was super unclear, I shouldn’t have posted them in such a confusing way. Sorry :slight_smile:

Now that I know, I will look for the sideways-arrows-that-drop-to-down-arrows.

So … who/what are we waiting on here?

We have five open squares, six open playbooks, and three days to Next Game.

2 Likes

I added Allen Adamson aka “Seven-Year”, sitting top right.

A Nomad concept was mentioned, so I’d suggest talking about that.

2 Likes

I’m honestly coming up with a blank here. The question literally has made me double check to make sure I knew which NPC we were talking about.

Can I punt this to someone else?

Totally fine with me. Anyone want to jump in on why Vic got arrested last year?

As a reminder: he’s Joined with a magic-based Protege whose mentor is apparently a bit of an “ends justify the means” mentor (also mystic-based). He’s got a big finsta account that made it’s rep for posting shots of JD supers and shadier kid heroes, doing stuff or hanging out - nothing that would work as evidence in court, but some of it pretty questionable looking. He’s never in the shots.