The Curse

Summer faces a different dilemma.

While super-spy Alycia gets to tangle with a thorny ethical dilemma, our emotionally aware Summer gets to deal with a people problem.

Hopefully folks are still with it. We’ll see where this goes in the next couple of days, I’m not going to string this out forever. :smiley:

1 Like

Difficult times ahead.

Revelations.

Well it’s not a kitten video.

1 Like

Is that good or bad?

1 Like

Decision time!

1 Like

Wait, they called Parker?

It’s the big guy!

More to come, but I’m happy with how this is going.

1 Like

Craig Costigan turns on the charm.

Is this the moral of the story?

1 Like

Spending a week as a barista paid off.

Summer gets an upgrade.

And that’s the end of “The Curse”! Thanks for coming on this ride with me! As usual, I welcome all feedback and comments.

1 Like

Assorted odds and ends, like usual.

• How high did the order to hand over Summer’s shell to AEGIS really go? I’ll take Costigan at his word - I consider the real victory in that scene to be Alycia trying to work with the system, not just manipulate or defy it.
  • Just what is Alycia’s relationship to the Quill Foundation? As written here, she’s striking a balance - not working for Jason as a subordinate, to avoid complicating the relationship, but willing to take on specific tasks as an independent contractor. Practically speaking she’s a floating troubleshooter and does what she wants, but uses her contracts to stay safe from meddling.
  • A woman who read through this for me commented it handled subject matter well, only observing that messed-up sleep schedules might be part of Summer’s new experience. I didn’t find a good chance to work that into the comic.
  • I liked playing with plot complications where the problem with Freaky Friday came from people knowing about the switch, rather than being ignorant of it.

Wow. Fantastic line from Agent 1337. Nicely done!

My initial impulse was that Alycia would deny the order, screw the consequences. Which would have been fine for longer form, but the results here (esp. 1337’s comment) were even better.

I think that’s a pretty good summary. I may write the scene where she lays down the law on this. She doesn’t want to complicate the relationship and she’d be really sensitive to any appearance of nepotism.

And Alycia’s variation on that theme for that matter. “I’m in a robot body. I can keep working on stuff all night long!”

Very nice twist.

Again, overall, fun stuff. Thanks!

That’s how she was presented as thinking here too, glad I read her personality correctly. :slight_smile: And I’m certain the possibility of cooperation occurred to her, but hearing 1337 actually say that thing might have just signaled that it might have a good chance of working out.

(She wouldn’t actually, but the possibility of teasing Alycia with it is golden)

1 Like