The Fellowship of the... Something?

If it helps, I’m now excited to see almost all of these characters (obviously the Lantern is just sort of there as a backup).

And just like you, I figured I’d share some of my current ideas (subject the change, as always).

The Harbinger/Exile/Lantern: A wizard of some distant order. They want to keep their heads down and not draw the Overlord’s ire (or maybe secretly helping them), while our hero decides “screw that, I’m going to do what’s right.” Not horribly original, but it’s what I like.

The Elf: A person from a space colony which fell to the planet due to Overlord shenanigans (maybe they stole the satellite’s power source as one of their Sources of Power). The elves cannot easily survive on the planet, so they outfit their champion with an hi-tech environment suit so that they can fight the Overlord with the rest of the Fellowship.

The Collector: A champion of the small gods who are being crushed by the Overlord without the Overlord really even realizing it.

The Pair: Fezzik and Inigo from the Princess Bride. I’m going to throw my own style at it, but that’s basically what you’re going to get. Definitely the comedic option out of all these.

1 Like

While not a vote of “you should definitely do that,” I’ve have an image stuck in my head since I read this description.

3 Likes

To be fair, calumny of my cat girl fetish isn’t without basis.

You’ll just have to clear your name by playing one

Heh.

Or … perhaps one is the Gal He Left Behind.

Or perhaps all of them were …

Now I’m picturing a Roger/Jessica Rabbit deal where there’s some smoking hot catgirl totally loyal to this potato of a feline swashbuckler, but she loves him for his wit, so what are you going to do?

You just described part of my childhood.

Also, this set of images just came up on my Tumblr and while not 100% in keeping with Dave’s idea, they’ve got the right spirit.

1 Like

After further research, I think I was wrong. This looks 100% like what Dave was going for.

Temporary forum avatar aside, I’m trying not to draw too heavily on the Dreamworks Puss in Boots swashbuckler/romancer … though, depending on the party dynamics and what playbook he ends up in, I could totally rip off the Dreamworks Puss in Boots swashbuckler/romancer (sans Banderas accent, because, really, none of us want me to maintain that for an entire campaign).

1 Like

Wow. That’s … um … really something! :sweat_smile: I don’t think it’s quite the tone I’m looking for, in character or story, but, ah, thanks! :smile_cat:

I didn’t expect so, but since we talked about a Ghibli-esque tone and your PC idea, the combination was too good to pass up.

1 Like

To be honest one of the aspects that drew me to Fellowship was the fantasy nature of it. I’m not very interested in space elves and giant mecha. I was looking forward to a more Tolkien-esque world

1 Like

I updated the Stewpot post (a suggested starting list of topics), posted here. Does this list look better? Anything you want to take off? Anything you’d like to add?

1 Like

Space elf was a second choice at best, but even then the most “sci-fi” I would want to go is something along this line (note the foreground character’s right arm). Too much?

1 Like

I could see that as the work of a tinker

1 Like

Though the game is happening tonight, I though I would throw in the characters I was thinking of. Partially to lay claim or, if it overlaps, this gives me time to think of another character.
My first choice would be the Remnant. They seemed like a lot of fun and I have a most of a character developed around it. Otherwise I also had the base for a Dragon, Harbinger, or Rain.

2 Likes

I updated The Stewpot with what people have expressed interest in for playbooks, with links to their posts.

I’ve added in (neither exhaustive nor authoritative) notes for Margie, from my discussions with her.

1 Like