The Pandimensional Pandemoniac Menagerie Sleepover

Jason is called on to sort out a troublesome issue.

Maybe it’s for the best. This way he can’t go joyriding in the Dragonfly.

1 Like

Even 19yo Jason would agree that 10yo Jason should not have full system access.

The Miniverse is another “small change, big consequence” outcome, so are they both “Nailverses”? But the idea that Aria articulates here is why I’m so fond of it.

One of the things I’m exploring in the Alycias Conversation is how deviations, considered in toto, show broader truths.

1 Like

The Muse got her way here.

1 Like

More sleepover comics on the way soon! I’m purposefully avoiding posting around Fellowship time to keep focus on that though.

2 Likes

They grow up so fast.

1 Like

Good food, good meat, good God, let’s eat.

1 Like

Surprise special guests.

1 Like

Everyone had pizza, chips, pop, and other unhealthy food. Even the Alycias.

Inclusiveness, and more picking on Jason.

2 Likes

Any opinions on the choice of movies?

1 Like

“So, y’know … I was thinking …”

“Yes?”

“Well, I mean, drive-in theater, it’s kind of a cliche, but …”

“Yes?”

“You know nobody goes to a drive-in to actually watch the movie, right? Unless they have kids in the car.”

“Are you suggesting we should have invited some of the Minis along?”

“No, I --”

“Are you suggesting that I might not be interested in watching this film?”

“I – hadn’t really thought …”

“Are you suggesting we should engage in making out?”

“I was sort of thinking that we might --”

“With no covering, on this not terribly comfortable bench seat, and with every other Otto version and their occupants having us in clear view?”

“Ugh. Well, when you put it that way --”

“Sounds like … an interesting challenge.”

I think you’ve definitely found the right film for Alycia to enjoy.

0:15 “Ho-hum. If I wanted mook training films, I’d have hacked into that archival AEGIS footage.”
0:37 “Okay, that was an interesting move.”
0:51 “Okay, this is a fake. Clearly. A fake.”
1:13 (Starts taking notes.)

It’s at this point Pneumaverse Leo discreetly knocks on the Q-disc and says “she doesn’t have to see you to know where you are. Please be considerate.”

1 Like

More comics due tomorrow.

There will be a fifth universe at some point. Anyone want to suggest a particularly compelling alternate Menagerie arrangement? I can work out the details of how it happened as needed.

1 Like

I mean, I won’t say no to Menagerie Noir.

1 Like

I’ve got a way two ways for that to happen!

Any other suggestions? Dave or Doyce as well?

That film clip / character intro always makes me laugh. If Menagerie Noir is what Bill meant by “arrangement,” I’m in.

It does call to mind all sorts of images, though I’m sure Bill’s already got something in mind (and within the bounds of the cartooning software). Leo’s definitely got that hard-hitting private detective fists-of-justice vibe. Aria and Summer as matching gun molls. Harry as the cub reporter who always gets to the story first. Alycia as that 30s femme fatale role (or even as the dragon lady sort, if that can be done unproblematically). Jason as the somewhat naive university type (tweed coat and pipe included). (On the other hand, I can imagine Jason and Alycia as a Green Hornet pulp sort of pair, too.)

Otto as a roadster, with running boards for his people to ride on into action, would alone worth the price of admission.

1 Like