Home Room

I’d defer to @Dave personally - do you like how either of the pitched Transformed ideas works as a foil for Joe?

1 Like

A combination of business and boredom - Alex knows that some students here keep in touch with juvenile delinquents with powers, or actual villains, and is basically AEGIS’s “our man in Panama” for Modern Generation villains. Beyond that though, eh, why not? It’s a change from staring at screens all the time.

Cristiana “Chris” Drake, aka “Hellblade” (Doomed playbook). A very short girl from the country who was cursed to wield an infernal blade, punishing evil, but at risk of falling to temptation and becoming a demon. She sits directly in front of Alex on the seating chart (I didn’t plan this, I rolled for it).

Alex’s NPC reaction roll was a 5, so they are probably uninterested. I mean, it’s great to hear about crop yields and wheat cross-pollination, but after the first 2 minutes, who cares? Still, Chris has it pretty rough, having just broken up with someone (so the flirting was just rebound anyway), and Alex wouldn’t mind helping her avoid demonic corruption and/or point her in the direction of an interested party.

2 Likes

There has been more than one time when I have said something, done something, and glanced at her … and she was writing something … and glancing at me … and writing more …

I mean, what’s with that?

1 Like

I am only aware of two names: Captain Marble, and Seven-Year. The former sounds like a living statue. The latter sounds like a curse of some sort. As a foil for Joe … I dunno. The latter sounds more dramatic.

In either case, someone living in a worse transformed (nay, even Doomed) state than Joe would create a conflict for his self-pity.

1 Like

Here’s the post. Click on each name to unfold their descriptions.

Quoth Margie:

Notice his attention the first week of school. She doesn’t have the concept of “stalking” (nobody stalks people of her class; in her class they just don’t do it, higher classes have more important things to do) but any attention of that sort makes her uncomfortable.

1 Like

Oh. Those were dropdowns, not bullets. Derp …

Sigh.

Okay, well, Seven-Year definitely has it worse, so that would be the biggest foil for Joe, if that’s what we are looking for.

1 Like

It was super unclear, I shouldn’t have posted them in such a confusing way. Sorry :slight_smile:

Now that I know, I will look for the sideways-arrows-that-drop-to-down-arrows.

So … who/what are we waiting on here?

We have five open squares, six open playbooks, and three days to Next Game.

2 Likes

I added Allen Adamson aka “Seven-Year”, sitting top right.

A Nomad concept was mentioned, so I’d suggest talking about that.

2 Likes

I’m honestly coming up with a blank here. The question literally has made me double check to make sure I knew which NPC we were talking about.

Can I punt this to someone else?

Totally fine with me. Anyone want to jump in on why Vic got arrested last year?

As a reminder: he’s Joined with a magic-based Protege whose mentor is apparently a bit of an “ends justify the means” mentor (also mystic-based). He’s got a big finsta account that made it’s rep for posting shots of JD supers and shadier kid heroes, doing stuff or hanging out - nothing that would work as evidence in court, but some of it pretty questionable looking. He’s never in the shots.

He was caught breaking into the school’s computer system (no mean feat). Interestingly, it was in the student information database, not the (more usual to try) gradebook system. There is no sign of anything being changed, or even what data was looked at; Vic claimed he just wanted to check on a friend’s birthday, but declined to say more. He was on probation the rest of the school year, but apparently kept his nose clean and was plausibly contrite.

1 Like

Hopefully without crowding things any, but since I wrote it down, I’ll throw in the occupant of 4e.

Hailey Turner - “2Kick” - Nomad - she/her

Kidnapped from Earth at 10 with her girl scout troop, dragooned as a child soldier in the Blessed Army of the Most Beneficent Truth. Now gone AWOL and escaped back to her homeworld. Generally acts very blase and seen-it-all, but doesn’t talk about her experiences except in the most shallow fashion.

Questions (for whomever wants to field them, or whomever Doyce wants to tap):

1. One of our team said something offhand to her that provoked an unexpected reaction. What happened?

2. The weird thing is that she seems to be good friends with someone in class. Who, and why is it weird?

(Note: Hailey definitely wants that seat in the back by the door. That said, I just realized that Joe is, with the exception of the still unassigned seat in front of him (3d), surrounded by girls. That was not intentional on either of our parts, Joe’s or mine.)

3 Likes

I want to figure out if we can reconcile this with Margie’s presumed history/future. Thing is, if space travel and other societies are as common in 616 as they (presumably) were in menagerie-prime, then the whole ‘trapped on generation ships’ thing is challenging to reconcile.

We have one less chair than we have playbooks (due to Relic), so I was thinking that maybe Nomad’s just aren’t a thing. Thoughts?

EDIT: can we yank this into a new thread?

@fragolakat Hellblade (“please just call me Chris”) talked you into coming with her to an event in the city. “Something I really think you’d like.” You really did, or you REALLY didn’t. In either case, what was it, and where did that leave you with her?

@Dave what did Seven Year do in Applied Skills (aka: superheroing class) last week that really pissed you off, if you’re being honest.

@margie Why are you so smitten with Nono?

@insomn14 You’re really into heroes, but what about Hellblade’s powers seriously freaks you out?

@garrett You did a bit of your special poking around inside AEGIS when Seven Year showed up in class. What you found (or didn’t) was… disturbing. What was it?

He burst into tears when, during a lab/exercise, his body’s partial invisibility shifted into a particularly hideous configuration. And Joe had been feeling particularly down that day and seeing someone in objectively worse of a situation, and drawing sympathy due to his tears, pissed Joe off. Though he would never say that out loud, and simply instead got even crankier.

1 Like

The experiment was a continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment, run by a small group of researchers, engineers, and crazy people near Montauk who were willing to experiment on friends or family.

They do a lot of work with time, dimension, and phase-shifting border science, and may be involved in any of the time-related shenanigans going on in the game (Kiln, Mette, any Nomad we introduce, etc.)

1 Like