Incorrect Quotes - Sessions 7-11

Okay, maybe thematically related.

2 Likes

Joe: I’m obsessed with the future because I fear I might become a terrible monster that destroys all I love.
Mette: I’m obsessed with the future because I’m from there, and, frankly, it sucks.
Roddy: I’m obsessed with the future because it might be awesome … or, maybe, awful – which come from the same linguistic root – but in either case I will be awe-inspiring in it!
Alex: I’m obsessed with the future because, honestly, the multi-variate possibilities make it a lot more interesting than the present. Also, I am assuming, battery life is dealt with.
Kiln: Really? Because nobody seems interested in the whole flaskkottet thing, which RIP future.

2 Likes

Alex: okay okay. Flaskkottet on a stick. I’m down. Buuuuut. Were they batter-fried?
Kiln: … No?
Alex: this is North Carolina, you immediately lost me

2 Likes

Joey: Okay, this flaskkottet stuff isn’t bad. Though I’m not sure it needs a stick.
Roddy: Tastes like chicken!
Mete: Um … did this have a face once? Never mind, I don’t want to know. Pass the vegemite sauce.
Kiln: Thank you, my friends. This is, in fact, a great, big, beautiful tomorrow.
Alex: I still think batter-fried would be better.

2 Likes

Evan, chin nods to Joey: Sup
Joey, snaps pencil and glares: Grrr
Nono, writes frantically: :eyes:

2 Likes

Roddy: what’s the raincoat for? It’s sunny outside
Alex: this is to keep me insulated from Evan’s flirtation aura

2 Likes

Alex: for when my normal personality doesn’t do the trick

1 Like

School Quiz: What different super-power do you wish you had?
Joey: HEAT VISION.

2 Likes

Mette: So what are we doing for a name?
Roddy: What about the Visionaries?
Mette: Oh, because we look to the future?
Kiln: And to the past?
Roddy: No, because we can all see.
Alex: You’ve been hanging around the new transfer student, haven’t you?
Roddy: I think she’s funny.

2 Likes

Joey: Thanks for the costume ideas. I really like the shorts.
Mette: But … not the shirt?
Joey: Horizontal stripes are so fattening.

2 Likes

Roddy: Oh, I got the perfect name! The Menagerie!
Alex, looking straight at the audience: The writers say that would be too confusing.

3 Likes

Roddy: Okay, maybe you’ll like my new idea for the group name better than Alex did.
Joey: I think that’s pretty unlikely.
Roddy: The Menagerie!
Joey: What makes you think a guy who looks like me would want to be in a group basically called “The Zoo”?
Roddy: Because we are all such animals!

2 Likes

Roddy: Okay, Kiln, try this on for size: we call our team … the Menagerie.
Kiln: Ah. The Menagerie of the Three Towers was renowned for its exotic animals and rare gardens.
Roddy: No, ixnay on the problematic animal metaphors! Keep it fun! This will be a Menagerie of Heroes!
Kiln: Oh. The King in Red and Gray had one of those. It was not a fun place.

2 Likes

Roddy: Your my last hope, Mette. I thought maybe we could call our new team … the Menagerie!
Mette: Oh! Oh. We … had a menagerie aboard our ship. At least we called it that. It contained germ plasm from as many animals as could be sampled before we fled Earth.
Roddy: That is awesome! What a tribute it would be –
Mette: (Tearing up.) It was wiped out by the Great Surge that irradiated that portion of the ship. It was … a time of great mourning.
Roddy: You know, I might be starting to get just the slightest bit discouraged about this idea.

2 Likes

Hellbinder: Okay, and to wrap up my report, I need a consultation.
Dr. Infinity: SPEAK.
Hellbinder: One of our clusters of students wants to take on a new identification tag, and I wanted to run it past you in case there were any pandimensional ramifications.
Dr. Infinity: THE HALLS OF JUDGMENT ACROSS ALL REALITIES ARE OPEN TO YOU.
Hellbinder: Okay. A group of kids want to call themselves “The Menagerie.” I just wanted to –
Dr. Infinity: DAMMIT, JASON!

2 Likes

Nono: I’ve got a crossover fic where She-ra’s Princesses are element benders and Adora is trying to unite the various nations to fight off the Darkness Nation!
Mette: I’m not sure what any of that means, but you sound excited
Nono: I am! And you can help!
Mette: what do you need help with?
Nono: (offering sword) hold this, and strike a suitably heroic pose with it while I sketch!
Mette: um. I feel kind of awkward if it’s just me standing here holding a weapon?
Nono: don’t worry, you won’t be alone!
Emma: (wearing cat ears, looking appalled) sup

2 Likes

Group projects are the worst.

2 Likes

Alex: first the bad news. They’re only giving us a school bus to get around in
Joey: that sucks
Alex: well there’s good news, I got a supplemental budget for “any necessary modifications”

3 Likes

Joe: I’m really hoping someone says That’s No Moon.

2 Likes

Alex: so “badass” implies some kind of wimpy “good ass”, but the apparent cognates “lousy ass” and “nice ass” trade in the connotations of danger and refocus on an evaluation of the body.
Alex: any questions?
English Teacher: I’m wondering why I let students pick their own words for this assignment

2 Likes