Menagerie Card Help

It’s funny because Octava, the Blot, and by extension the whole Menagerie Megaverse plot came from Dave hassling me about how I dressed his characters a couple of comics before the one you linked

2 Likes

Only James knows if he’s happy with it, but it looked okay to me? I’m assuming “the Weather Witch” is a change from Tempest because of some existing Sentinels character?

1 Like

And yet, those had big impacts going forward. Funny how that works. :wink:

Yeah. Would be quite the double take if I said one of Mercury’s parents was Tempest when the SOTM crowd this as Tempest:

Would fit James’ current character though. :laughing:

I went with Weather Witch because of some old notes based on this post that list her as a weather manipulator (and maybe confused her with also weather manipulator Oya’s epithet). Hardly set in stone yet, so if another name would work better, I leave that to the crowd.

1 Like

Mutant: “I’m Negasonic Teenage Warhead”
Kitty Pryde: “we really have run out of names”

1 Like

Yeah Harry’s mom, while still a speedster, is more specked into the weather manipulation side of things. Wind generations, some lightning. Maybe in a past life she was a scientist (maybe even got her powers that way), before teaming up with her husband.
Weather Witch may be leaning too far into that when she’s at her base a speedster. Marketing is important after all. You call yourself a weather witch and suddenly people start calling you to put out fires and stuff. Which I mean, she can do, but people expect her to summon a storm cloud or something. I’m trying to think of other kinds of weather storms with high wind. Besides like Tornado which is too basic. Windstorm, maybe, though a bit on the nose. Possibly Cyclone.

2 Likes

Hmm, you make a good point about branding. Given that they’re the Gale family, and she’s Helen Gale, maybe we just go with Gale or The Gale as the hero name too and just double down on comics long history of paper thin secret identities. :laughing:
5a91511d-ce21-435c-9865-77bce84124b8_text

3 Likes

See. I literally thought of that, but dismissed it as just, so obvious. Although… Looking at my archaic pre session 0 and not been touched since notes, her (maybe maiden) name is Helen Swift and his is James Quick. With no indication of where Gale came from. So thanks for that past me. Unless someone with more wiki skills than me can find a later name for them.
I will admit I could see a funny scene where it was his last name and she used Gale as a hero name before meeting him. And in some hero team up he tries flirting with her all “I’d love give you more than just my last name.”
She immediate changes her hero name.

1 Like

Coming from a long history of pro wrestling fandom, I would not find it too unusual that Helen’s “stage name” of Helen Gale overtook her real name once hers and Silver Streak’s identities were revealed. Similar to actor’s with stage names, once her secret identity’s revealed, it’s not “Oh, so Helen Gale is really Helen Swift!” but instead “Oh, look it’s Helen Gale!” “Actually my last name’s-” “Miss Gale, sign this!”

3 Likes

Or it’s all a string of AEGIS aliases to protect the family members who don’t have powers and don’t want to get involved, like that third cousin Harry remembers meeting at a family gathering held in a secure location

3 Likes

Or the step behind the comic meta that asks what are the odds that all these speedsters would have last names directly relating to their powers.

3 Likes