Character Summary

Synchronous

BEACON - Enthusiastically helpful martial artist with a perfect sense of timing. [Mike]

Mighty Joe Young

BULL - He/him - Passionate super-gorilla with a mysterious origin and self-image issues. [Dave]

Kiln

RELIC - They/them - Time-lost warrior for justice. [James]

Agent 1337 aka Alex G. Shelby, aka “Alex” or “Shelby”

SOLDIER - They/them - Agent, analyst, techie, results-oriented weird person. [Bill]

Mette Jones

HARBINGER - She/her - Traveler from a doomed generation ship, trying to avert that particular future. [Margie]

(I have set this as editable, so folk can fill in or change as needed.)

3 Likes

Wow, it is unfortunate that we already named a team Menagerie, because it honestly seems to fit so well with this group. Especially with our resident gorilla.

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t going to say anything, but we are in a different, parallel universe … so it’s not like the name is trademarked here or anything.

1 Like

I already have too many folders for Masks stuff. We cannot have the two different teams be named the same thing. Besides, even the same teams in different universes have different names (Justice League Vs Justice Lords), so why would two different teams in different universes have the same name?

Because we’re running it serially instead of in parallel like in the comics, where it would cause confusion. :slight_smile:

https://www.google.com/search?q=multiversity+guidebook&newwindow=1

I am also happy with it not being “The Menagerie.” Joey would likely be even happier, which means we should do it anyway.

1 Like

Bold assumption that it wouldn’t cause confusion among the players and future discussions, just because it isn’t running at the same time. Thank you for being contrary though. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I too would like not to be confused when sorting my image files. However, it would be funny to be a bit prophetic with this title.
motm logo

3 Likes

I’m just gonna say this is a gold mine.

My favorites so far are Gallimaufry, Omnium-gatherum, and best of all, Oddments.

2 Likes

Relationship questions and Influence by playbook:

Synchronous

Kiln is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
You’ve got to prove yourself to Powertronic (NPC) before you feel like a real hero.

Influence: You are so excited to be here. Give Influence over you to three of your teammates. (Mighty Joe Young, Mette, Kiln)

Mighty Joe Young

Mette is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
Synchronous is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Influence: You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it. (Mette, Synchronous)

Mette

Mighty Joe Young turns away from the hero’s path, according to your history books. You have to prevent that from happening.
You’ve always idolized Kiln, but it’s too awkward to admit it to them now that you’ve met them in real life. Keep it cool, keep it cool.

Influence: Every member of your team has the power to change the future—your future. Give everyone influence over you.

Kiln

Mighty Joe Young’s ways are utterly unorthodox, when they’re not baffling me they’re infuriating me.
Synchronous enjoys the stories of my previous era, we meet up for storytime as often as we’re able.

Influence: Choose Closed or Embraced. If you have marked Closed, give Influence over the Team Member helping you learn about the modern world. If you’ve chosen Embraced, the team’s words are important to you. Give Influence to three of them. (Agent 1337, Synchronous, Mette)

Agent 1337

Mette is crucial to the long-term success of A.E.G.I.S. I must protect them.
Synchronous isn’t always thrilled with the way A.E.G.I.S. handles things. I’ve come to value their critiques, even if I don’t agree with them.

Influence: Respect is earned, soldier. Tell two of your teammates what they did to earn your esteem and give them Influence. Everyone else will have to match their efforts. (Synchronous, Mighty Joe Young)

2 Likes

My personal recommendation (based on nothing other than I had a cool idea) would be The New Errants. Technically the comic would be branded “The All-Different, All-New Errants” but everyone inside the comic just refers to the team as the Errants. The original iteration of the team was the Heroes Errant, led by a Grail Knight. There was also another iteration in the late 80’s/early 90’s rebranded as E.R.R.A.N.T (featuring a younger, brasher, less seasoned Skinner as part of the supporting cast) but that didn’t go very far.

2 Likes

That’s so delightfully meta I am thrilled to support this suggestion.

1 Like

claps hands, bounces up and down, puppy dog eyes activated

1 Like

When we screw up, does the press dub us the Fairly Odd Errants, or the Errors?

1 Like

Extreme Reaction and Radical Anti-Terror Neutralization Team.

Costumes designed by Rob Liefeld.

2 Likes

Thank god we don’t have to worry about footwear.

3 Likes

To be fair, one of my favorite artists, Arthur Adams, also has problems with feet. Not quite as bad as Liefeld, though:

1 Like

Which teacher will just not cut you a break? - Mighty Joe Young: the English teacher, Princess Arizella. She learned Joe had done poetry in a creative writing class but doesn’t want to do it now. She is ruthlessly pushing him into doing it.

Which teacher do you have a secret crush on?

Which teacher do you believe is secretly a supervillain? - Synchronous: Mr. Brick, the math teacher, because he’s tough!

Which teachers do you think are hooking up? - 37: Sergeant Surge and Professor Positron.

Which teacher do you think should retire? - Kiln: (Bill suggests the Applied Mythology teacher)

Which teacher do you think would make a good headmaster? - Mette: the school nurse/shrink/shoulder to cry on

So I know that Q2 felt a little pushy to me to ask someone (vs someone volunteering the info), and I find it interesting that nobody else asked it.

I captured most of the questionnaire stuff in the notes for the ep, so it will be there, too.